Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those of you who've been around the block a few times may well remember that I made a habit every year of compiling the top-rated games by average rating for people who've bought one of the "Ameritrash Fan" microbadges.

I didn't do it last year due to time constraints. Well in fact I did actually make a list but I didn't post it anywhere.

This year I've managed to find time to do it with discussion, so if you're interested pop along to:

Ameritrash Badge Holder Ratings 2010

And take a look. Comment there or here as you please If anyone wants to make it into a geeklist, feel free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:
Oh, I was wondering, what are the specific concerns about Middle-Earth Quest's replayability?

I haven't actually played it myself. But my understanding is that basically it's about a limited set of plot/quest (whatever they're called) cards which soon become repetitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Jome
United States
Franklin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Most entertaining entry on the list;

Crokinole

Ameritrash all the way!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jefF, There are some who call me... DuneKitteh
United States
Wood Dale
Illinois
flag msg tools
Dune Kitty really does love you, despite any asshattery.
badge
Useless rollover, booya! Dune Kitty says, "deal with it."
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice list. Some person commentary;

48 Dreamblade

Wow, surprising considering the game has been discontinued and OOP for over 3 years now. I will say that I think the game is pretty neat myself, and I prefer the minis to most mini games - I personally think they're quite creative and attention grabbing. I'd have bought into it if it weren't a collectible format.

Thank gawd that Privateer has learned this and Monsterpocalypse is going NON collectible this year. My bold prediction, Monsterpocalypse will be on next year's list if Privateer does it right. The film, when it hits (guessing in 2012 or so), will launch this game into ultra high profile.

Hey, WOTC, reprint Dreamblade in non-collectible format, and I'm in for it as well. ;-)

42 Railroad Tycoon

LOVE the RT series. Glad it didn't die with Eagle Games v1.x

41 Dominant Species

Didn't play or buy it, but it did catch my attention this year. Plan to pick up a copy when it's back in print and commonly available again.

36 Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit

I don't think 82 people were able to find and afford it as much as 82 people were able to play and rate it. This is one owner that isn't giving his copy up until they pry it from my proverbial cold dead hands (or, it starts going for enough money to pay off my mortgage ), and I think many feel the same way. Buy it now kids, especially now that Hasborg/WOTC doesn't have the Star Wars game license anymore, MHO it will NEVER go back into print... like, ever.

5 Twilight Imperium (Third Edition)

Man, do I ever wish this game came out 20 years ago when I had more time to play it. + the expansion, TOP of the AT game pile for me.

4 War of the Ring

I can't wait until this goes back into print again. Reading about it, improvements will only secure its place better.

2 Battlestar Galactica

A game as good as the show - THIS is what you get when you let real fans of the show design a real game that compliments it.

1 Twilight Struggle

AT'ers, if you haven't played this yet you are truly missing out on a quality gaming experience. Such a beautifully designed game, it's almost like it's singing to me when it's being played. :-)

Thanks for the list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.