JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! The weekend is now over, and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past weekend gaming exploits.

So, all you weekend gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of weekend gaming greatness, as you pop in here to answer the question:
What did you play this weekend?

The geeklist version can be found here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/64374/what-did-you-pla...

Check out the subscription thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320 Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!

This was a great weekend for gaming. Saturday was Cosmic Encounter day, and Friday night was "Learn Merchants & Marauders.

2011-02-11 - Several friends came over so we could learn and get an initial play of M&M. Afterward one friend stayed a bit longer, and I taught him Triumvirate, which is quickly becoming a favorite.
Merchants & Marauders
Triumvirate x2

2011-02-12 - Cosmic Encounter day! We started off with CE, and played 7 games in a row, with a rotating cast of players throughout the day. Later on as the numbers dwindled, we broke out Merchants and Mauraders, and then some light fillers.
Cosmic Encounter x7
Merchants & Marauders
Who Would Win?
Cranium Scribblish
Survive!
You're Bluffing!
Puzzle Strike

2011-02-13 - Sunday, my wife went out shopping, so I had a couple friends over. We started off by learning Wealth of Nations, which we thoroughly enjoyed. Then we played a 4 player game of Survive! with my son. Then we finished up with Merchants and Marauders, which I started getting sick during, but ended up winning, two turns after another player boarded my ship, stole all my stuff. I got lucky with a 4 in demand good grab that I could sell in the next port over for my final glory point, and 20 gold to stash once I got back into my home port.
Wealth of Nations
Survive!
Merchants & Marauders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitch Willis
United States
Kathleen
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got lots of games in this weekend:

7 Wonders (x4)
Endeavor (x2)
Elfenland
Vikings
Snow Tails
The Golden City
Thurn and Taxis
Dragonheart
Palastgeflüster
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
hiruko the goblin
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a change of pace we kept it fairly "light" this weekend.
Labyrinth
Fluxx
Hive
Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot
Bell-Bottomed Badassses on the Mean Streets of Funk
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally, got to play Caslte Ravenloft(x3) with a friend and had a blast - played the first three scenerios. Also got to play Thebes(x1) which was a nice light fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JonnyRotten
United States
Montpelier
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tetsuo13 wrote:
For a change of pace we kept it fairly "light" this weekend.
Labyrinth

If you haven't played it yet, you should check out Labyrinth Treasure Hunt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got to play Genoa FINALLY! Had the game for-, but only now did it make it to the table. Wife, daughter (13), son (11) and I. Cool thing was, everybody liked it so it will be back in the rotation this weekend.

Rock on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fitzpatrick
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've been buried in work for so long I don't think I've responded to the "what did you play this weekend" post in a long time... maybe over a year? I've finally made some serious changes with my work life, however, and now I can finally start relaxing and playing some games again!

This weekend I played the following games for the first time:

Race for the Galaxy: I bought this game in February of 2010 and just now got around to taking it out of the shrink wrap. Played it for the first time this weekend and enjoyed it quite a bit. I like the economic engine and I liked the space theme. My wife wasn't sure if she wanted to play it but on the chance that it would be, as I pitched it, "like Puerto Rico in space!" she gave it a shot and loved it. We'll definitely be playing it again.

Witch of Salem: I bought this one for my wife for Valentine's day. She wanted to play it right away so we tried it out last night. We both really, really enjoyed this one. It was a super close game and we were one insanity point away from losing at the end. We love cooperative games and this one was well received.

Army of Frogs: I bought this one for my daughter for Valentine's day. She loved it. It's a great little game. Tactile so kids enjoy touching it and moving the pieces (and sturdy enough so they can't harm the pieces), complex enough to be a great filler game for adults, all around good fun and a nice complement to the more complex game in the family, Hive.

Zombie Dice: I bought this one on a whim, it was $5 bucks or so. Best $5 I've spent on a game in a long time. Sure it's a simple and goofy game but my wife and I fired off five rounds of it on Sunday afternoon and had tons of fun. Sometimes you want to play a game and relax for a moment between other tasks without hauling out a big game and burning up an hour or two playing it.

On a related note, if you scored some games as Valentine's day gifts you should hit up the thread I started here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JD
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pillars of the Earth (2 weekends in a row)
Endeavor (first time for me)
Alhambra
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Dowden
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glen More - with the guys - my first run-through. Nice little game.

Vikings - with family - my son's fiancee is just learning to game. Nice intro into a more medium game - She finished second...one point ahead of my wife - I was last (again).

Next weekend will be a big weekend - Descent Friday, Merchants and Marauders on Saturday and trying to get a group together for Saturday night. Is it bad that I'm looking forward to the weekend on Monday?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jfitzpatrick wrote:

Zombie Dice: I bought this one on a whim, it was $5 bucks or so. Best $5 I've spent on a game in a long time. Sure it's a simple and goofy game but my wife and I fired off five rounds of it on Sunday afternoon and had tons of fun. Sometimes you want to play a game and relax for a moment between other tasks without hauling out a big game and burning up an hour or two playing it.

Zombie Dice? I lost 15 irreplaceable minutes of my life playing that "game" at Origins. It replaced Crocodile Pool Party on my list of worst games ever.

OTOH, congrats on discovering RFTG! My wife likes that game a lot too (although she has really taken a shine to Perry Rhodan as of late.....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Novak
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Nice and smooth.
badge
Our sentence is up.
mbmbmbmbmb
On Friday, the girlfriend and I played Dominion: Prosperity with some Alchemy thrown in. I lost. HARD.

On Saturday, we played Terra Nova, which I also lost pretty badly.

That night, I played my first game of Nightfall, which I reviewed HERE. I actually won, despite being pretty tipsy.

On Sunday, the girlfriend and I played another game of Dominion: Prosperity, this time using the Envoy and Black Market cards. I lost. Again.

In summary:
Dominion: Prosperity x 2
Terra Nova
Nightfall

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Racer
United States
Urbandale
Iowa
flag msg tools
Specialized Extracurricular Execution Squad
badge
We are living our lives... Abound with so much information... Come on, let go of the remote,
mbmbmbmbmb
Cowboys: The Way of the Gun
The Downfall of Pompeii
BANG! The Bullet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
badge
This site needs a forum where we can put the faux offended so we can ignore them.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday

7 Wonders, Play number 45 for me and you know what, It's not getting old. Good fun every time.

Olympus, First play of this one, 4 players. Very enjoyable game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
A ton of Nightfall

And a sessions of High Frontier
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Marsh
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
Lots of Pandemic, and a Game of Blood Angels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Branch
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shadows over Camelot - I called out the traitor on the second turn with 5 players. Made for an interesting game but we still won

For Sale
Poison
Chaos Isle (x7)
Ticket to Ride (x2)
Bohnanza
Dominion (x2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Bross
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went out and bought Race for the Galaxy on Saturday and my wife and I played it pretty much all weekend

We also got in a handful of games of Dominion with the Prosperity and Alchemy cards thrown in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Romney
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Only one game this weekend, but it's both an oldie and a goodie: Princes of Florence. Four player game with one newbie. I lost, hard, but my wife (who was the newbie) destroyed us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.