Subject: Found Some Out of Print Titles rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I happened to be a chaperone on my daughter's high school field trip for the last five days. I ended up with some downtime and managed to find a game store. The place had a pretty good selection of boardgames, but primariy seemed to be a front for Magic tournaments and Warhammer collectibles (I am not into those things). Although the board games were a bit dusty from lack of attention (not sure they even realize what they have in some cases), I saw at least a few out of print titles and what looked to be older titles that I hadn't seen before. Some of what I spotted included:

Manila

Santa Fe Rails (Guessing this is out of print, but don't really know)

Mississippi Queen (Bought this for myself)

There were many other older games such as Linie 1 (original version of Streetcar), Pizarro & Co, 1856, 1835, Edison & Co, that I don't know if they are in print/reprints, etc. I skimmed every game and have a decent memory if you have any questions. If you are interested in more info send me a PM so I don't clog up the board or their phone lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Those 18xx titles are still readily available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Krossi
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:

NVA

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Seitz
United States
Glen Allen
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Like water spilled on the ground, which cannot be recovered, so we must die. But God does not take away life; instead, he devises ways so that a banished person may not remain estranged from him. 2 Sam 14:14
mbmbmbmbmb
oxsolid wrote:
cornjob wrote:

NVA

North Vietnamese Army?
National Vulvodynia Association?
National Vision Administrators?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
NVA

Not Value Added? And I would agree - was just trying to pass along info, not claiming those games were out of print.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manymoodys wrote:

There were many other older games such as Linie 1 (original version of Streetcar), Pizarro & Co, 1856, 1835, Edison & Co, that I don't know if they are in print/reprints, etc. I skimmed every game and have a decent memory if you have any questions. If you are interested in more info send me a PM so I don't clog up the board or their phone lines.

I'll not make the mistake of trying to be helpful again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Krossi
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cornjob wrote:
manymoodys wrote:

I'll not make the mistake of trying to be helpful again.

I'm not hating, your comment just seemed to be a downer to the thread. Don't let me stop you from trying. BTW both of my comments have been NVA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.