Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Bell
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
You don't have to wait for Ken and Brad to take on IBM's Watson on Jeopardy. You can do battle with the soul-less beast yourself:
[geekurl=http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2010/06/16/magazine/watson-trivia-game.html]Watson Trivia Challenge[/geekurl]

I beat him, but only because he answered the last question with a non sequitur.

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I win, 34-16. I got almost all the 1, 2, and 3 point questions, but only about half the 4 and 5 pointers (and got a couple of those hard questions wrong). Watson seemed to do equally well with the easy and the hard questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick B
United States
Sunnyvale
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that I didn't have to think quickly helped a lot in this game (and that I got first shot at the answer). I'd suck on actual Jeopardy, because I need a few seconds to think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Does this enjoy such and shall I continue with thus until its MORALE improved? *\sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I won, 38 to 13. I should have gotten 40 points but I accidentally hit enter before I typed the last letter on a 1-point question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Holzgrafe
United States
Happy Valley
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"the understandably frightening and chimeric semicolon" -- HiveGod
mbmbmbmbmb
Whupped him good, but I'm glad I didn't have to hit a buzzer under time pressure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blorb Plorbst
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
I think we're all bozos on this bus.
mbmbmb
48 to 6. Chump

Interesting to watch him learn though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marlin Deckert
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, 36 to 7. Guess I'm ready for prime time ... oh, there's a buzzer you have to hit?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
63 to -2

My head is stuffed with useless knowledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik D
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I won 45-12. Would've been more but I mispelled one of the answers. (Then again, Watson got it wrong too, so the score would've been 51-15).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just want to share this amusing anecdote from an interview with a Jeopardy crew member.

Quote:
One time, the two top winning contestants ever on jeopardy!, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter stopped by to view a taping. During the break Alex decided to chit chat with them and asked them what they have been doing with the money they won, Jennings, a devout mormon, mentioned that he was helping out in the community, donating, buying bibles and such. Then Trebek asked Rutter. His response: "Hookers and blow, Alex, hookers and blow".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Forget beating Watson, I want to be Alex. Ask any trivia question you can think of and come up with an instant answer? Sign me up. And put it on my phone while you're at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.