Subject: one quick question about how the Generals move rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evelyn Chan
Scotland
Glasgow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I am new to the game. I'd like to ask when we draw the darkness spread card, sometimes I got the cards which move the General to new locations. If for example, I drew a card of Varkolak moving to Monarch City. But that's the first card I drew in play, Varkolak was still in Dark Woods, so should i move him to Monarch City immediately or that doesn't count, and he doesn't move?

Sorry for the mess above, I am just totally new to this game and I tried my best asking this question...

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Mann
United States
Corpus Christi
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the general would only move if the indicated location was next in line. So if Varkolak is still in Dark Woods, it is no effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred CS
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmb
Hi Evelyn,

Thank you for Defending the Realm! As Doug noted before, the way the Darkness Spreads Cards work is that they only trigger movement when the picture shown on the card is the next location on the General's path (which is pre-determined, you can see little triangles along the route that identify each General's path to Monarch City). Note that there are some Darkness Spreads cards that have a picture of all the locations along a General's path. These trigger movement regardless of where the General is along his/her path (and therefore are pretty nasty cards).

Thank you again for playing the game, we hope you enjoy it.

Keith
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
derek stone
msg tools
so if Gorgutt was still at his starting location and it showed the whole path to monarch city he would have to go all the way there?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if Gorgutt was still at his starting location and it showed the whole path to monarch city he would have to go all the way there?

No, on the cards that show all 4 locations of movement, it just means that regardless of where the General is that he would move to the next location. Generals can only move 1 time per Darkness Spread card and only if the movement is to their next location.

Thanks for defending the realm.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.