Subject: Not sure if want.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
This game looks pretty badass. And it would be cool to get a euro that none of my friends have, I'm just not sure if it's worth the price of admission. I've played other worker placement stuff like Agricola and Stone Age and really like them. How does this one stack up against the others? You guys think it's any better than Caylus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not better than Caylus or DS or Powergrid but it is better (more interesting) than a bunch of the popular worker placement titles of the last couple years. It is not a very expensive title, just more so in the US because of cost of importing.

It will probably be cheaper in the future as more copies make their way here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn Althuizen
Netherlands
Helmond
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
badge
@m_a_r_t_ij_n
mbmbmbmbmb
It may not be better in some ways, but Magnum Sal is very good also and in many ways unique and fresh. I mean, worker meeples that actually really have to lie down after having done work, how genius is that! Or being able to pump water into adjacent rooms where other players happen to be mining for salt! Awesome! Finish that off with a really nice take on the gameboard, it being almost like a painting, with the mineshaft physically going 'under' the board. This is a good and game definately worth it's retail price twice over.

Cheers,
Martijn

WestonTheFox wrote:
This game looks pretty badass. And it would be cool to get a euro that none of my friends have, I'm just not sure if it's worth the price of admission. I've played other worker placement stuff like Agricola and Stone Age and really like them. How does this one stack up against the others? You guys think it's any better than Caylus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.