Subject: Looking for miniatures games that are pre-painted? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lorance Kim
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Hello! I was wondering if there are any great miniatures games out there along the lines of warmachine / malifaux / anima and whatnot, but have the miniatures pre-painted. I know painting them is part of what makes the miniatures great, but I just dont have the time lately, but I'd love to start playing miniatures. I've already got heroscape, so I was wondering if there were any others? Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AT-43 Initiation Set: Operation Damocles from Rackham is a nice game, with prepainted minis that, IIRC, is co-designed by Paolo Parente, who designed Dust Tactics which has also a limited edition pre-painted version of the game.

You could also check out Tannhäuser which is not a miniature-game per se, but has very cool components, with prepainted minis.

cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorance, I'm very sorry that you're porbably a bit late because many companies used to publish pre-painted miniature games stopped producing anymore because of poor sale/ economy.
AT-43 has already stopped producing new products.
If you want some good pre-painted miniature games and don't mind out-of-date, I have a few suggestions:
1. dreamblade (collectible miniature game published by Wizards of the Coast, but it has a very solid mechanism and plays like boardgame)
2. World of Warcraft miniatures
3. Mage Knight.
Hope these helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
Monsterpocalypse is a currently supported game, and they are about to start releasing it in a non-collectable format. It is quite fun, and allows for LOTS of decisions while playing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldar Closer
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a solo option that can use some great D&D pre-paints just check [thing=90650]Fantastic Maze[/thing].
Fantasy and modular type board, DIY.
The rules are quite simple but there are decisions to be made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A really good, really inexpensive game with prepainted minis is Mutant Chronicles Collectible Miniatures Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sturv Tafvherd
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lubi123 wrote:

3. Mage Knight.

Gonna second Mage Knight. And also add:
Mechwarrior: Dark Age
and if you're ever looking for planes:
Crimson Skies

You can also take a look at CMGs (Collectible Miniatures Games)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Potter
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
Mage Knight+1, and you can add Mage Knight Dungeons

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Keefe
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As has already been pointed out, the prepainted minis train has more or less left the station. The good news is that a lot of it can be found on ebay for cheap.

Of stuff that's still being produced, I think you may be limited to Monsterpocalypse and Heroclix, although I'm think Heroclix may be done; I don't remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Long
United States
St. Helens
OR
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My fiance and I are very into pre-painted miniatures games due to a hectic schedule and a love of miniature gaming. Depending on what era you're looking for, here's some suggestions:

Axis & Allies Naval Miniatures: War at Sea This one is WW2 naval combat. Very fun to play as a 2 player game. It's collectible, but you can pick up mini's from eBay pretty easily. Rules are easy to learn but I've found can be fairly reliant on luck.

Mechwarrior: Dark Age Big robots with vehicles and some infantry thrown in for luck. We love playing this one, and the mini's are durable and pre-painted. With all of the expansions, you can get a pretty massive army. Out of print, but you can find some booster packs around still.

Axis & Allies Miniatures WW2 infantry/tank combat. Fun to play, but collectible.

Wings of War: Miniatures Tons of expansions for this one too, and the mini's can be a little pricey, but it's fun WW2 Air Combat.

As others have said, it's not as easy to find the prepainted stuff anymore. We've been able to play Dust Tactics without painting the mini's though. It's still good fun.

Never played Crimson Skies, but I see those mini's all over the place. You can also still find some AT-43 stuff out there, although I haven't played that yet either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lorance Kim
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
wow awesome. thanks for all of the suggestions everyone! I dont mind out of date as long as its fun =). I'll take a look at all of these! I just hope im not tempted to buy every single thing suggested....lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want At-43 stuff (or any other miniature from most of the brands out there) you can head over [geekurl=www.maelstromgames.co.uk]Maelstrom games[/geekurl]

I know it's in the UK, but they have lots of stuff, and with great prices.
I have done several purchases from them, and they are truly amazing.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with Maelstrom in any way: I am just a sudisfied customer.

cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.