Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Castle Ravenloft had 2 "Solo" Adventures (Adventure #1, and I think #7 Adventure: Impossible). Ashardalon only has one, the first "tutorial" one. All the rest are for 2-5 Heroes. I'd really like to see some more Solo Adventures. Or even some Adventures that are 1-5 Heroes.

And for that matter, I'd love to see some 1-10 Hero Adventures

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Castle Ravenloft adventures were pretty much all playable with just one hero, despite saying 2-5. Surely it's the same with WoA? If they're more difficult couldn't you just take an extra surge or two? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Beck
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe you play two heroes at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While it's easy to play multiple heroes, I've never really liked it. I like just being able to focus on one Hero. I think my point is I'm just disappointed the Adventure Designers didn't think to make some of these adventures workable with just one hero. The game is a 1 to 5 player game, but only 1 adventure for 1 player?

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
Surely you could adapt Adventure: Impossible for Wrath of Ashardalon, or even a mix of WoA and CR. Or you could even do double impossible: 10 heroes vs. six villains.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Fox
United States
Yukon
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Beckikaze wrote:
Or maybe you play two heroes at once.

Totally agree. Every adventure can be played solo. Just control two heroes. I don't find this inconvenient at all. Or, just use one hero. You don't get to mitigate damage between heroes, so it's quite a bit tougher.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Random Chance
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Though true a single player can use two characters its not the same playing solo. The game has a different, isolated, and vulnerable feeling. I enjoyed my first solo CR campaign. I imagine it may be difficult to come up with a solo scenario, the game is tough enough as is. (Of course extra Healing Surges help)

But I agree, if a product is going to advertise *1* to 5 players there may be expectations to cater little more for us one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps the 1-5 whilst not only including the enclosed Scenario also caters for those prepared to make up their own? (A hot topic debated elsewhere)

Alternative solutions would be the aforementioned additional healing surges or even playing the scenarios with one hero of level 2. Third option maybe to draw say four treasure cards and keep two to give your hero a fighting chance?

It seems the possibilities are there to quite easily play the game just about any way you like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Musco
United States
Fairfax
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shouldn't any of them be able to run with just one character? The monsters should scale well enough, since only one player is drawing them. Is there actually a requirement that you NEED more than one character for any of them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tiepilot1138 wrote:
Shouldn't any of them be able to run with just one character? The monsters should scale well enough, since only one player is drawing them. Is there actually a requirement that you NEED more than one character for any of them?

I think it's more that the adventures were designed for 2-5 players (since, well, that's what they say) and I'm just disappointed there's not more 1-5 or just 1 player adventures...

-shnar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shnar wrote:
I'm just disappointed there's not more 1-5 or just 1 player adventures...

FWIW at least the first 3 adventures play really well with just 1 hero. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.