Subject: Building hedges rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking about making this more 3D by building some hedges/hurdles/fences, but I guess they have to be flat so horses still can stand on top of them.

Styroform, some grass mat cut to cover the styroform and some glue should do it.
16 hedges in different sizes but am I right about that #6 (Beecher's Brook), #9 and #16 has water too?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Croucher
England
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
Bechers Brook & Valentines Brook have water in front of them which is only 1 foot wide. The Water Jump is much wider at 6 foot.
I can give you the measurements of all the jumps if you would like them ( Height/Width/Drop ).
As to making the jumps I think this would be possible providing the width is wide enough for the horses to stand on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, but I got the idea from a article I found and the text said how tall and wide they were. But thanks for the info on the water.

Subbuteo grand stand with spectators could be cool too!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Fat Tony
United States
Fairfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Model train landscaping stuff should make some real good looking hedges. Get a piece of thin Balsa wood to use as your base and trees to re-shape for the hedges. For the hedges w/ water make the base large enough to represent the water. With a knife and some sand paper make some water-like texture in the wood. Paint white first and then add blue-green starting from the bottom of the texture marks. This way you have white tops on your little waves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.