Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played for the first time last night and the following situation came up. My brother was El Gringo, who can draw a card everytime he gets hit by another player. He had three life left. I had the volcanic with 5 bangs. Initially,we thought that I had won because he only had 2 missed cards. On second thought, however, we decided that I had to play my bang cards one at a time. He ended up taking a couple of hits, but he took 2 bang cards from me, and made me miss my third shot. Were we correct in assuming he could take a card of mine after each shot? Or should I have won with my volcanic and 5 bang cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re:El Gringo and the volcanic
I would consider the volcanic card a direct hit (unlike the dynamite card which is not credited as a "direct" hit attack). That being said, El Gringo can draw a card every time he is hit... so by definition he has to get life taken off and draw a card at that point from the person shooting him. If he gets a card before the last life is taken he can play it, or else he's done for. If he draws a missed card after the last life is taken he is dead, but if it's a beer he could play it to stay in the game and continue processing the hits from the volcanic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I did a little read and saw that my interpretation is wrong, El Gringo has to be alive to use his ability... so drawing a beer after his last life point means he is dead.

You can read the game designers response here:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/29508

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
mfaulk80 (#474951),

El Gringo steals your cards when you shoot him.
You have to play your Bang cards one at a time. If El Gringo takes a hit, he steals a card.

However, if he takes his last life point as a hit, he does not get to use his ability - he's dead, Jim!

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Moyer
United States
Unspecified
Maine
flag msg tools
mfaulk80 wrote: Were we correct in assuming he could take a card of mine after each shot?
Yes.

Jon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.