Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
erel renteria
United States
coral springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just wanna know if anybody knows if there is going to be a lil something extra for pre-ordering MoM. I ask cause jeremy got something for his pre-order of Nightfall and i dont wanna miss out on anything for not pre-ordering.
thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting the game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
My game is shipping with limited edition styrofoam peanuts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ereljr wrote:
I just wanna know if anybody knows if there is going to be a lil something extra for pre-ordering MoM. I ask cause jeremy got something for his pre-order of Nightfall and i dont wanna miss out on anything for not pre-ordering.
thanks.

Who is Jeremy and what did he get??

FFG doesn't typically do anything for preorders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anne Freitas
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
No one expects the Anne-ish Inquisition!!
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:

Ooooh! I plan on collecting them all and make a deep one sculpture out of them!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Nikolaidis
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Everyone is from somewhere else.
badge
I Love Fried Chicken.
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
ereljr wrote:
thanks.

Who is Jeremy and what did he get??

FFG doesn't typically do anything for preorders.

I have not seen anything for Mansions of Madness, but FFG has done it in the past... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/67057/talism...

All I can say is that it pissed me off, but I can understand wanting to support the LGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean P
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG did it with Tannhauser with the Wolf expansion. But that also may have been a Take On You deal since TOY still owned the game back then and FFG was the American distributor.

Usually they are pretty up front about how to get the pre-order goodness. It's kind of an incentive to watch their website.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually glad FF doesn't have a habit of doing this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1

I don't like promos, except in the case of a company like Flying Frog Productions, when the promos are made available through their website for purchase at a later stage.

Also, their promos don't affect gameplay much, they are just alternate art cards or different colours of minis already in the box. Cool to have, but not a deal breaker if you don't.

Promos should engender positive attitudes from potential customers, but if you browse around BGG, most promo related threads are quite negative in content. That is something companies should be aware of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Scrat wrote:

I don't like promos, except in the case of a company like Flying Frog Productions, when the promos are made available through their website for purchase at a later stage.

I totally agree.
I chose Thunderstone over other deckbuilding games for this very reason. AEG promised from the beginning to make any promos available to all, eventually. A good compromise between wanting to leave a convention or other event with something special, and those who cannot attend but still want to explore every aspect of the game.
The guys who made Ghost Stories made a special mug for pre-orders. A nice gesture for those who bought it early. But not something that would make other gamers, coming late to the party, miss out on any game-play aspect.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konstantinos Nikolaidis
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Everyone is from somewhere else.
badge
I Love Fried Chicken.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
The guys who made Ghost Stories made a special mug for pre-orders. A nice gesture for those who bought it early. But not something that would make other gamers, coming late to the party, miss out on any game-play aspect.

Man, I wish FFG would put a Travel Mug, or Coffee/Tea Mug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchoprimitive wrote:
But I think mainly due to my complaints guy Drakken "above" finally got the game

Yeah, Jeremy!
Have you thanked him for your game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anarchoprimitive wrote:
Imagine that in your company someone orders something and you can not make it on time. In company that I worked in, one time they've send a glass by a plane (2 or 3 rounds) losing a lot of money on this order only to be on time. So it is just not fair with game producers. We've spoiled them. They know that they can produce almost anything, then be late with production and people will buy it afterall anyway. I'm just not ok with that. I'm surprised that you are fine with that - they are 2months late and no sorry no nothing a normal thing has happened. I would cancel the order but it would hurt the retailer. I'll repeat once again - imagine that you in your work or your company are 2months late with anything

They were on track for a mid December release and when they got the components discovered a critical flaw in the molds. They were below their quality threshhold and they forced the producing company to recast them.

I, for one, thank our FFG overseers for making sure we get quality product in this box.

If you are not happy getting something 'late', then your best and only recourse is to give up your preorder, request your money back and be done with the transaction. As a purchaser you have a choice: purchase or don't purchase.

You've clearly chosen to purchase. What's the problem again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

They were on track for a mid December release and when they got the components discovered a critical flaw in the molds. They were below their quality threshhold and they forced the producing company to recast them.

I, for one, thank our FFG overseers for making sure we get quality product in this box.

If you are not happy getting something 'late', then your best and only recourse is to give up your preorder, request your money back and be done with the transaction. As a purchaser you have a choice: purchase or don't purchase.

You've clearly chosen to purchase. What's the problem again?

I agree. I'd rather wait two months and get a game that doesn't have flawed components than get it two months earlier and than go through the whole wait while the publisher gets fixed components made and mailed out to everyone. Which by the way is what people are doing right now for Betrayal at House on the Hill with it's warped floor tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Groznyj
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
anarchoprimitive wrote:
LordHellfury wrote:
anarchoprimitive wrote:
FFG READ THIS

I don't like promos, they were for ccg junkies in the 90's and not for boardgamers. BUT we "the preorderers" are waiting so long for this game and this wait is killing me. We should really get sth extra for it.

As someone who has a preorder himself, I could not disagree more.

We have been waiting just as long as everyone else. Just because we got a preorder in doesn't mean we are entitled to anything more than what is in the general release.

We already got a decent discount. Why should we be entitled to more than what everyone else gets?

How much did you pay ? I've paid for it 190pln which is 66-67$ (and btw 20% of my monthly salary) - I do not think it is a great bargain especially that production cost is maximum 15$for it. But price and salaries do not matter in here.

Companies make preorders and subscriptions in order to calculate how many copies to produce, how high the licence for it should be and so on. It has only advantages for them. My and your money is frozen since december, I'm not sure if partially at retailers or in FFG itself only but anyway.
Imagine that in your company someone orders something and you can not make it on time. In company that I worked in, one time they've send a glass by a plane (2 or 3 rounds) losing a lot of money on this order only to be on time. So it is just not fair with game producers. We've spoiled them. They know that they can produce almost anything, then be late with production and people will buy it afterall anyway. I'm just not ok with that. I'm surprised that you are fine with that - they are 2months late and no sorry no nothing a normal thing has happened. I would cancel the order but it would hurt the retailer. I'll repeat once again - imagine that you in your work or your company are 2months late with anything

I understand where you're coming from, and I think your arguments are perfectly reasonable. Don't know why people are being so adversarial...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am reminded of the cheese commercial where the inspector has a choice of two boxes.

[] READY

[] NOT READY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
fwiw, At the MoM retailer preview event, there will be freebies. I think it's only a postcard, tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:
fwiw, At the MoM retailer preview event, there will be freebies. I think it's only a postcard, tho.

My FLGS had a stack of postcards, but they didn't look very special.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Branch
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:

I can't tell you how many different limited edition styrofoam peanuts I've gotten with pre-orders or even regular orders I put each and everyone in a case and place them on display for guests to see when they come over
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
South of You
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The money on a preorder is already spent. Sure, I want it now, but I'm not losing any money on the delay. Neither is anyone else(except maybe FFG). Frustration is understandable, but only to an extent. If you can't wait or handle delays, you probably shouldn't preorder (or at least no until FFG says it is on it's way from the to their distributors).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Groznyj
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
anarchoprimitive wrote:
groznyj wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, and I think your arguments are perfectly reasonable. Don't know why people are being so adversarial...

Don't make 3rd world out of it. It is not the matter of money even and it is not so much for me(I earn minimum salary - working in a shop...with boardgames - it is a very easy job so this is why I earn minimum. Average in Poland is
1100$brutto/800$netto monthly- however average does not mean that most people earn this).

But I must admit that I'm surprised that bgg users defend FFG and so enthusiastically agree to wait and have their 60-70$frozen/freezed?. And even more surprised that they believe in their excuse - broken sculptures. However it is a very convienient excuse for the producer.
The conclusion is next time I will think twice before preordering anything, then sleep with this decision and then evenytually preorder.

It's just an expression meaning that I understand your complaint--I wasn' implying anything about your salary or country... I don't necessarily think FFG is making up anything, but still, the delay is somewhat unprofessional
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

It is only a postcard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David S.
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
V1 Rotate
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a unique item in the box with preorders. You'll get a spring 2011 catalog! Everyone ordering after this first print run/pre-order phase will probably have to cope with getting the summer 2011 catalog instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.