Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't ask this in jest. As far as I can see, the Titan will either have equivalent or superior range with every weapons system to its prospective target. Yes, you want to deploy your ships so that they are in range when the Titan is finished with its movement. Ideally, you want to set them up so that the closest ships are the fighters, so as to shield your capital ships from the concentrated fire of a Titan who can't hit anything on its target list. And ideally you want to be in position where you can get off missile strikes that hit the same turn that you launch. But that all sounds like more than it comes out as when you are actually positioning your ships. In practice, you cozy up and watch the Titan disintegrate everything in front of it over and over.

Anyone with thoughts on how to successfully position a fleet against, oh, I don't know, a Rhea-class Titan? Flank it? Get behind it? Makes no difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Hartig
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer to move my fleet to both flanks of the Titan, slightly ahead.
This way I usually have two turns of firing, before I must move the ships again.

Furthermore one should screen the DDMs with DDs and FFs, so that the Titans defense lasers concentrate on the screening forces instead on the valuable DDMs.

My first priority is targeting the Titans drives with "sure shots".
Then spinal mounts, then primary beams.

Fred
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.