♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I have in front of me one of those Yoplait Delights, specifically the "Raspberry Chocolate" variety. The yogurt is divided in the cup, so that the chocolate is on the bottom, and the raspberry is on top. My question is: Why? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it all mixed together from the get-go? There's more chocolate yogurt than raspberry yogurt, so clearly the food scientists were going for a particular balance of flavors, so why leave it up to the consumers to do the work? Isn't that just asking for disaster?

*Look, I'm nearing forty, and as much as I enjoy being the snack food guru of Chit Chat, I need to start taking care of myself, y'know? The last thing my wife wants is to be married to the guy whose ass is large enough to double as a drive-in movie projection screen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yogurt is for girls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
Trix are for kids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoplait has more sugar and sweeteners in it than anything else. Rather than yogurt, call it "yogurt-flavored syrup." Bleah.

As for why not mix them: Because it's fun to mix them yourself. I'm happy with either style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert M
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does the color look like after you mix the two? Maybe they thought it would be more appealing if you created that color instead of finding it when you open it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
rmartinc wrote:
What does the color look like after you mix the two? Maybe they thought it would be more appealing if you created that color instead of finding it when you open it.

That's a good point. I'll have to wait until another day to test that theory, though, since it's already gone.

Urp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wmshub wrote:
Yoplait has more sugar and sweeteners in it than anything else. Rather than yogurt, call it "yogurt-flavored syrup." Bleah.

As for why not mix them: Because it's fun to mix them yourself. I'm happy with either style.

Yeah, in all actuality if you are going to eat the Official Food of Grey Hoodie-Wearing Women, you really ought to find a variety that's low in sugar. Usually those little cups are pretty cheap, but you're even better off when you buy it by the quart and just pack a small amount for breakfast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
And here I was hoping to be able to use a "The Stuff" comment...

Too bad I'm not going to be able to do that now, as it really wouldn't fit in with the topic...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
June King
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Bring me her heart in this box.
mbmbmbmbmb
I recommend buying plain Greek yogurt and adding your own fruit and sweetenings to taste.

How about some real, fresh berries with chocolate syrup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
It's a Zendrum. www.zendrum.com
mbmbmbmbmb
You are on BGG talking about yogurt.

That's why they divided it.

If it were mixed, you wouldn't spread their name in this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verkisto wrote:
the guy whose ass is large enough to double as a drive-in movie projection screen.

And also white enough?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My theory is that the chocolate and raspberry are of differing densities and that they would separate anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
zorazen wrote:
Yogurt is for girls.

I've got just as much right to replenish the helpful bacteria in my stomach as anyone else.

Gentlemen, it's time to reclaim yogurt!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rishi A.
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:

Gentlemen, it's time to reclaim yogurt!

We need "manly" yogurt flavors, like prime rib.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I used to make my own yogurt. Dang, I'd forgotten about that. I need to start making yogurt again.

.., and all you need is yogurt cultures, milk and time. you can buy milk, and yogurt cultures are readily available in....YOGURT!

Here is a good how-to:http://www.makeyourownyogurt.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Buncha' Ladies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zorazen wrote:
Buncha' Ladies.
It's rancid milk, not egg pie! We're allowed to eat it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
I get mine at a local dairy farm. You can see the cows where it came from. I throw in a couple drops of vanilla and I'm good to go. Most of the stuff you get in the supermarket is basically dessert.

zorazen wrote:
Buncha' Ladies.

My favorite dinner is yogurt with beef jerky and whiskey, preferably eaten while shooting a deer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ludocrazy wrote:
I recommend buying plain Greek yogurt and adding your own fruit and sweetenings to taste.

My wife uses Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream in pretty much everything. She loves it.

I can't stand it, nor yogurt. I'm manly and stuff. I eat steel wool and babies for breakfast instead. Which oddly, are also lovely with berries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I like my yogurt while using explosives. Nothing adds to the experience of sending 200 square yards of Earth skyward like a spoon scraping around in a little plastic cup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R.T. Sloan
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is money.

The cheapest way to fill the container is to have the machine fill the bottom half with Chocolate. (Squirt) And then the top half with Raspberry. (Squirt)
Additionally, if they are mixing any other flavor with Chocolate, they can just divide the line and fill the top half with a different flavor or even flavors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
sloan66 wrote:
The cheapest way to fill the container is to have the machine fill the bottom half with Chocolate. (Squirt) And then the top half with Raspberry. (Squirt)
I may have to start talking like this (squirt). It just seems like it would be fun (squirt). And there's the possibility of being arrested (squirt).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Levy
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Best hobby, with the best people in the world. Gaming is the best!
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
sloan66 wrote:
I may have to start talking like this (squirt). It just seems like it would be fun (squirt). And there's the possibility of being arrested (squirt).

Try not to do that while milking a cow (squirt). You might wind up (squirt) getting kicked (OWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
Ludocrazy wrote:

My wife uses Greek Yogurt instead of Sour Cream in pretty much everything. She loves it.

Again with the "Greek." What makes Greek yogurt any different from the other stuff?
Have you eaten greek yogurt? It is significantly different in flavor and texture. I think it is strained in cheesecloth to make this difference - all the whey is gone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean
Australia
In hiding
flag msg tools
badge
In blackest night, in shining day, My Will is all - I'll have my way! With Emerald Light in focused ray, This Duck will rule! (If that's okay?)
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Drew1365 wrote:
stagger lee wrote:
Ludocrazy wrote:

Again with the "Greek." What makes Greek yogurt any different from the other stuff?
Have you eaten greek yogurt? It is significantly different in flavor and texture. I think it is strained in cheesecloth to make this difference - all the whey is gone.

No whey!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.