Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The manual says, that, if I draw my own color from the destiny deck, I MAY draw another card instead. On the other hand, with my own color I have the opportunity to drive a foreign colony off one of my planets or to recolonize a totally vacant own planet.

What happens now, if I draw my own color from the destiny deck, have no foreign colonies to drive off and neither have any totally vacant planets, but deny to draw another destiny card? Do I skip the rest of the encounter phases? Is the encounter successful or not? Or is drawing another destiny card mandatory in such a case?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gleb Semenjuk
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you can add some ships to one of your planets and therefore to be successful in your first encounter and can have second.

Anyway, it's always better to take second card, because it could be again your colour and you will suffer 1/3 less attacks this shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zomber
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gleb wrote:
It seems like you can add some ships to one of your planets and therefore to be successful in your first encounter and can have second.

No you cant do that. The rules and destiny card both indicate that you can attempt to drive off another player's foriegn colony in your system, or draw another destiny card. If its impossible to do the first, you must do the second.

Of course theres a 3rd option thats not listed on the destiny card, but its in the rules...and that option is: if theres an empty planet in your system, you can move Up to 4 ships from other colonies to re-establish a base there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Franco
United States
Maplewood
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
If you could touch the alien sand and hear the cries of strange birds and watch them wheel in another sky, would that satisfy you?
mbmbmbmbmb
btblack wrote:
Of course theres a 3rd option thats not listed on the destiny card, but its in the rules...and that option is: if theres an empty planet in your system, you can move Up to 4 ships from other colonies to re-establish a base there.

Wow... I have no idea how I missed that in two years of playing. I feel stupid; now I'm rereading carefully all of my rulebooks that I took for granted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
logopolys wrote:
Wow... I have no idea how I missed that in two years of playing. I feel stupid; now I'm rereading carefully all of my rulebooks that I took for granted.

You can (and should) blame this one on the card text. It's an especially unfortunate oversight and I'm sure you're not the only one to get tripped up by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.