Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my new copy of Chaos in the Old World, and after attaching the dials, I noticed the dials sit about 1mm off from center. I have to mess with the dials to be able to read the numbers in the small holes. It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it's definitely disappointing.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there an easy fix?

I've emailed FFG about it, but I'm unsure if they replace boards. Maybe I would be better off just returning the game?

Please advise.

- K

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG is very good with replacing components, and as you've already contacted them I'm not sure how anyone here can advise you. We can't see how large the problem is, and even if we could, it comes down to how much it bothers you. People vary quite a bit in their tolerance for such issues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have that problem, and I can't really recall any other geek ever complaining about this, so I suppose yours is unique (unfortunately in a not so super way).

My experience is that the guys in FFG are really quick to reply to customer e-mails, and I'm almost certain they would replace your copy, but I can't be trusted of course

I don't know how things are in the US but in Europe generally, if your product has any kind of problem, it's no problem to take it back to the store and have it replaced there. So it depends, if you think you can get a replaced copy at the store you bought it from, go for it. If you think they would give you a suspicious eye, perhaps waiting for the FFG reply would be a good idea.

The product is faulty so, the store should replace it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Not to be a jerk, but are you sure you put the right dials in the right place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
MScrivner wrote:
Not to be a jerk, but are you sure you put the right dials in the right place?

I think so. It seemed pretty straight forward. Here's what I'm talking about. The photo isn't that great, but you can see the misalightment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Cherokee
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like you've received a defective game board. The punch outs where the threat dials attach were slightly off when pressed. The holes on your threat dials look positioned properly to me.

If it really bugs you I'm sure FFG would make it right. Until then you should look at this guy's reference sheet. It lists the benefits and threat values associated with each dial position.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine are ever so slightly off center, too, less so than yours though - it's mostly possible to read both the threat numbers and the upgrade text. It hasn't bothered us yet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
haslo wrote:
Mine are ever so slightly off center, too, less so than yours though - it's mostly possible to read both the threat numbers and the upgrade text. It hasn't bothered us yet

Yeah, mine are this way too. They made them real tight so this is a standard problem.

But looking at the pic, this I more of an issue than what the rest of us have. What I would be sure of before you contact FFG is if the wheels are the problem or the board itself. I am guessing it is the actual board as the wheel is a single die cut. So the hole for the center pin will always be cut in relation to the window.

Also, make sure they send you new plastic pins. It can be a pain taking them apart and one or more will most likely crack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine was just slightly off, but not enough to be a bother.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Space Cherokee
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Also, make sure they send you new plastic pins. It can be a pain taking them apart and one or more will most likely crack.

I put my threat dials on in the wrong order and had to be very careful when I pulled them out. If you could get new pins too, I would ask for them. I think I was lucky the pins survived my mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Herbie Nichols Project - Dr. Cyclops' Dream
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Khorne dial in your image, where you can actually see parts of two numbers, would definitely bug me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
See the person next to you? Kill! Kill!!! KILLL!!!!
badge
I'm your baby! Can you feel it?
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
The Khorne dial in your image, where you can actually see parts of two numbers, would definitely bug me.

And even the other ones where you can't see a number at all... I wouldn't want to keep that, always having to steer the dials back and forth to check on threat numbers... I'd have it replaced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to CitOW General
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
Moved to CitOW General

Thanks, Matthew. I saw I accidentally posted it in the wrong area, but I couldn't figure out how to move it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Update -

Thaad at Fantasy Flight responded a week after I sent an email about the board and she put a new board in the mail right away.

I received it today and the god's dials are misaligned no more. Whew.

I have to commend Fantasy Flight for their fantastic support.

- K
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schade Nocturne
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And yet again I am impressed with FFG customer service. Happy to hear your issue was resolved.

devilsobluegulpkiss

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.