Popular Tags: [View All]
Guillaume Chasse
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First Post around here, so Hi everyone.

So I've just gotten Twilight Imperium, after years of putting it off and never having to buy it because someone else always owns it.

But now I have my copy, and I'm eager to puch out the cards and the plastic from the sprues. I use a pair of small cutters but still, When I made a cut on the sprue, the engine of 2 carriers broke off at the small connection between the engine and cargo modules.

So anyway I try to glue the pieces together, but the type of plastic is one that seems to be immune to most superglues.

I finally used a small drill (like the one Games Workshop makes) to make very fine holes in both pieces and used a cut paperclip rod with glue to mend the pieces together. Now they are even stronger than the original pieces.
If anymore pieces break off this way, I'll repair them with this technique. I also recommend it to anyone that experienced it and had trouble gluing the pieces back together.

Anyone else had this problem of fragile pieces breaking odd at the sprue? If so how did you fixed it?

Just curious about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
If you haven't yet, go to the FFG website, go to the Customer Support link at the bottom, and request replacement parts. They are usually pretty good about it, if they have the extras.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
Probably a two part glue specifically for plastics from a hardware store would work.

That's what I used on a couple things, including Battles of Napoleon, which seemed to give people headaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Wehneman
United States
Georgetown
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantasy Flight is the gold standard when it comes to customer service for lost or broken parts for their games.

Contact FFG via email and they'll get replacements right out to you.

- Neil Wehneman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zippadeedoodah
Netherlands
Amsterdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, FFG customer service is the way I fix all my broken FFG pieces. They are very friendly and will send your replacements half-way across the world at no charge.

Twilight Imperium is one of FFG's flagships, so I'm sure they will have parts for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil talamo
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
do you guys know if i can buy extra pieces anywhere not replacements i just would like extra pieces so i can paint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
badge
3D board game prints: www.3dhubs.com/service/3dgaming
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a second copy to make all 14 of my different painted races up out of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.