Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

High Frontier» Forums » Rules

Subject: Outposts, WTs, and ISRU rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Hinzey
United States
Santa Fe
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
-Say I leave a robonaut outpost on Mecury.
While my Rocket stack is headed back to LEO or some such, can that robonaut-outpost be producing WT that sits on the Mercury site hex for use later?

-Also, what happens to all of the above if I want another outpost say on the Moon? Since you can only have 1 outpost stack, must I decommission the Mercury outpost (putting the robonaut in hand and removing the disk) and lose the WT there?

-Lastly, if I jettison a component in orbit so I can "land light" on said outpost, does that component get outposted in space and the original outpost decommissioned?

-If I jettison WT in space, can it be outposted and picked up later? Or just picked up later by anyone, w/o outposting at all? (I assume just leaving the WT disks on the space)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
May the Great Spirit Bless all who read this.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a newbie at this game, only 4 so far but I'm gonna have some fun and see if I can answer these. Caveat. Don't rely on a word I write, wait for an experienced players answer.
Ghambit wrote:
-Say I leave a robonaut outpost on Mecury.
While my Rocket stack is headed back to LEO or some such, can that robonaut-outpost be producing WT that sits on the Mercury site hex for use later?

No. Not in the rules.
Ghambit wrote:
-Also, what happens to all of the above if I want another outpost say on the Moon? Since you can only have 1 outpost stack, must I decommission the Mercury outpost (putting the robonaut in hand and removing the disk) and lose the WT there?

Yes. Decommission the existing outpost.

Ghambit wrote:
-Lastly, if I jettison a component in orbit so I can "land light" on said outpost, does that component get outposted in space and the original outpost decommissioned?

Yes. Only one outpost allowed.

Ghambit wrote:
-If I jettison WT in space, can it be outposted and picked up later? Or
just picked up later by anyone, w/o outposting at all? (I assume just
leaving the WT disks on the space)


No. It's space soup after jettisoning.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Donnelly
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Here's another view. According to the Living Rules, you may turn a robonaut into an outpost on a hex and continue to site refuel with it. It will stack fuel on the site each time you choose that operation. That fuel will wait for another rocket of yours (or your friendly neighborhood PRC crew) to come and grab it.

In the basic game, you can only have one outpost, so when you jettison something else from a rocket stack, or leave it behind, you must make a choice. Something's going to be decommissioned, going back into your hand. Will it be the old outpost or the new? Your call, but whatever is the outpost gets the disc and the card or cards that form the outpost go on the outpost stack.

Outposts can be created pretty much anywhere, so yes, you can jettison and create an outpost in open space.

WT in itself does not appear to be able to form an outpost. You must place a card on your outpost stack to create one.

When you decommission an outpost with WT on it, it would appear the WT evaporates.

Note that there are advanced scenarios that allow for multiple outposts. More outposts = more fun!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.