Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Really looking forward to this one, preorder already placed!

But I have some questions about the box insert:

1) How many faction decks can it store?
2) Can it store reinforcemant cards for the factions?
3) Can it store more than one premium board?
4) Can we see a picture of it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
All the world's a stage, and I feel like the janitor.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've also heard it asked if it will store the cards sleeved. Just adding it on so everything can be answered all at once; if it's going to be answered that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Busi
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope they fit sleeved too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Van Willis
United States
Kaysville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
Really looking forward to this one, preorder already placed!

But I have some questions about the box insert:

1) How many faction decks can it store?
2) Can it store reinforcemant cards for the factions?
3) Can it store more than one premium board?
4) Can we see a picture of it?

1-3 are answered here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branam
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
screamingtruth wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
Quick question: is the premium board included in the Master Set identical to the premium board I already have, or is it different in any ways? (Since there is a new printer, after all). Thanks.

It will not be completely identical. If you are very observant you will notice that the Summoner Wars logo has been reworked ever so slightly on the premium box cover, so this premium board will have that reworking. It will also be printed by my new printer, so I expect it to be of a bit higher quality, but it will be basically the same. They should look good sitting next to one another.

I had another question concerning the board:
My friend is looking to get into Summoner Wars and is considering getting the Master Set first. The box on the Master Set says it supports up to 4 players but it seems that the one premium board included with the Master Set is only capable of handling two players.

Will new players getting the Master Set have the capability of playing with four players right out of the box (large 4 player premium board or a paper board in addition to the premium board)?

Or will new players have to buy a separate premium board or a starter set to have four player capability?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have another box question. The described deck slots, are they made with deck builders in mind? Meaning they can fit the summoner, events, champions, and then ten of each common from the base army and reinforcement pack? I wouldn't be surprised if it can't but I'm looking for the ultimate storage solution.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
RPGs - Natures way of saying "You would never be able to do this in real life." NOT A BAD THING.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AnotherHorrorFan wrote:
I have another box question. The described deck slots, are they made with deck builders in mind? Meaning they can fit the summoner, events, champions, and then ten of each common from the base army and reinforcement pack? I wouldn't be surprised if it can't but I'm looking for the ultimate storage solution.

That's answered in the link given above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not from that I saw. I know it can fit an army and its reinforcement but 10 of each common adds a good number more cards to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wind Lane
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that post also states that this thing isn't going to be some giant box of holding, so no, I don't think you'll be able to get in just piles upon piles of cards with no worries about the space.

What you're presenting requires multiple copies of each faction pack plus multiple copies of the reinforcement pack per faction. Given what you're asking for, I'd guess you'd be able to hold 5 factions with that kind of duplicates available given that the box is designed for ten factions plus reinforcements which I took to mean just one set of each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Winkleblech
United States
Brownsville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I just came back from Origins, where I got the two new Reinforcement Packs and the Master set. The insert on the Master Set is really cool, it appears as though it will hold all of the cards out so far, and then some. However, it doesn't hold sleeved cards (at least with my sleeves). I got the Mayday Premium Euro sleeves. I'm curious to hear if anyone with a different type of sleeves got them to fit. Because I really like the box and the insert, but I am one of those people who loves the feel of sleeves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up a copy at Origins as well. I now own all the factions and their reinforcements, and I have sleeved them all with Mayday standard Euro sleeves. Not only was I able to put them all into the Master Set slots, I had about 3 empty slots left over. I suppose that the premium sleeves are thick enough to make the difference in our experience.

The Master Set box is very big -- the biggest one I have in the car while we continue our vacation after Origins, though I have much bigger boxes for some other games at home. The premium board it includes is only folded in half, rather than quarters like the earlier stand-alone board, and its width determines the size of the box. But the insert's bins are not only nice and deep, but they are roomy as well. I was able to fit standard poker-sized decks of cards in them, in their boxes -- though it was a tight fit at the bottom of the bins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Parliament wrote:
I just came back from Origins, where I got the two new Reinforcement Packs and the Master set. The insert on the Master Set is really cool, it appears as though it will hold all of the cards out so far, and then some. However, it doesn't hold sleeved cards (at least with my sleeves). I got the Mayday Premium Euro sleeves. I'm curious to hear if anyone with a different type of sleeves got them to fit. Because I really like the box and the insert, but I am one of those people who loves the feel of sleeves.

These are the sleeves I use: http://www.ultrapro.com/index.php?cPath=33_83_52_115

They fit in the slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colby Dauch
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood Demon wrote:
screamingtruth wrote:
Blue Steel wrote:
Quick question: is the premium board included in the Master Set identical to the premium board I already have, or is it different in any ways? (Since there is a new printer, after all). Thanks.

It will not be completely identical. If you are very observant you will notice that the Summoner Wars logo has been reworked ever so slightly on the premium box cover, so this premium board will have that reworking. It will also be printed by my new printer, so I expect it to be of a bit higher quality, but it will be basically the same. They should look good sitting next to one another.

I had another question concerning the board:
My friend is looking to get into Summoner Wars and is considering getting the Master Set first. The box on the Master Set says it supports up to 4 players but it seems that the one premium board included with the Master Set is only capable of handling two players.

Will new players getting the Master Set have the capability of playing with four players right out of the box (large 4 player premium board or a paper board in addition to the premium board)?

Or will new players have to buy a separate premium board or a starter set to have four player capability?

It says expandable to 4 on the box. You will need another board or paper mat to get it to 4 players. I plan to make the board available for separate purchase but I don't have a date on that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Gross
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those contemplating using the Mayday standard Euro sleeves:

(1) The slots will hold them, but the corners will get a bit bent. This is especially true for the bottom few cards, since the bottom corners are rounded rather than squared off. I thus far have not found this to be an issue, and it may never become one, but it may be worth considering.

(2) Currently, there are 14 factions + 8 Reinforcements + Mercenaries. The box will comfortably hold all of these sleeved with the standard sleeve. It would also easily accomodate 2 more factions. However, you'd need to get creative to hold reinforcements and mercenaries for another 6-8 factions. It can probably be done, but will almost certainly involve packing every slot full, meaning you'll need to divide up some cards from the same army across more than one slot in order to use every last sliver of space.

(3) I hadn't been planning on sleeving the cards, and did so mainly because the reinforcement cards are so different from the faction cards that I could tell by feel and/or by sight which set a card was from, even if I wasn't trying. I thought that sleeving would help with this. It doesn't actually wind up helping that much, so I'm now contemplating un-sleeving all the cards, just so I can fit more into the box. I can put off that decision through a couple more releases, I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For those interested, here are some pictures I took for a different thread that show Mayday sleeved cards at the bottom of a slot.

Euro Standard:

Chimera Standard:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Lavin
United States
Queens
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is it me or are these sleeves slightly too small? My cards seem to stick out ever so slightly. Colby, you should really think about producing custom sleeves for your cards since they are a different size, similar to what Acention does. I am sure they would sell like hotcakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JL1384 wrote:
Is it me or are these sleeves slightly too small? My cards seem to stick out ever so slightly. Colby, you should really think about producing custom sleeves for your cards since they are a different size, similar to what Acention does. I am sure they would sell like hotcakes.
Which sleeves do you mean? None of my cards stick out of their sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.