Recommend
42 
 Thumb up
 Hide
62 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Caylus» Forums » General

Subject: Ystari redoing Caylus! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On Ystari's Facebook page some news surfaced about Caylus being re-done!

According to the sole Ystari comment so far (among others from fans) they will redo the Box Art (as can be seen in the post below) and also the tiles and the board...

Who is NOT excited about this, hunh?
I mean, I will never get the deluxe version, but this one... one day I will!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ystari-Games/104103249643669


EDIT - For comparison:



First edition, 2nd edition, Deluxe edition, 2011 edition
21 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
Again, I can't believe I am saying this, but I think the original cover is nicer!

Hmmmm...


...naaaah! ninja

I like the new version, the old one for me suits the year it was originally published...
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve K
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
...
badge
...
Avatar
ldsdbomber wrote:
Again, I can't believe I am saying this, but I think the original cover is nicer!




Really? The original?
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For comparison:[/b]



First edition, 2nd edition, Deluxe edition, 2011 edition
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Einmal ist keinmal
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
You'll Never Walk Alone
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Ystari must have taken all the criticism of "the creepy guy" to heart and decided to change the cover. Well done, it looks very nice!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Brichs
Denmark
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Nice! Ystari must have taken all the criticism of "the creepy guy" to heart and decided to change the cover. Well done, it looks very nice!


Well...he's still there, looking angry as ever
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
ldsdbomber wrote:
Thats the King! The King!

The creepy King!
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Tibbetts
United States
Oak Lawn
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to see the new board and tiles! I will be buying this even though I have absolutely no need for it.

I'm so glad they have kept the image of the pissed off King... and this time even the Bailiff and Provost get a treatment... love it!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The new cover is nice, but changing the tiles seems unnecessary. I can't imagine a better system than they have now. We'll see, I guess.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me for being a bit fuzzy on this, but I recall that one of the highest ranked players in the world had suggested a very mild tweak to the resource favor track. Gold would be available on the fourth space instead of the fifth - I can't quite recall what was available on the fifth space.

It was a minor change but, in my reading, seemed to have general "pro" approval. Is this something being considered by Ystari (even as an official variant, perhaps)? Where would we go to read more about it?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The change seems needless to me: now there are THREE creeps on the cover!!!
Thumbs anyway; I'm in a good mood. And if it does make Caylus more popular, then we'll break out the Champagne, hm?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
Forgive me for being a bit fuzzy on this, but I recall that one of the highest ranked players in the world had suggested a very mild tweak to the resource favor track. Gold would be available on the fourth space instead of the fifth - I can't quite recall what was available on the fifth space.

It was a minor change but, in my reading, seemed to have general "pro" approval. Is this something being considered by Ystari (even as an official variant, perhaps)? Where would we go to read more about it?


Theres this thread: Alternate Versions of the Cube Favor Track
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
badge
HEY! That TICKLES!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
russ wrote:
ldsdbomber wrote:
Thats the King! The King!

The creepy King!


It's all relevant, I guess. To me, our Caylus monarch is not nearly as creepy as this guy...

12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carcass One
England
Virginia Water
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Gruumsh wrote:
russ wrote:
ldsdbomber wrote:
Thats the King! The King!

The creepy King!


It's all relevant, I guess. To me, our Caylus monarch is not nearly as creepy as this guy...



Is he drooling over his beard??
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
PROTEIN. WATER. LIQUOR.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
offwater wrote:
Gruumsh wrote:
russ wrote:
ldsdbomber wrote:
Thats the King! The King!

The creepy King!


It's all relevant, I guess. To me, our Caylus monarch is not nearly as creepy as this guy...

IMAGE


Is he drooling over his beard??


I sure hope it's drool...
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played on all editions, got the 2nd edition money upgrade then the LTD edition version. I'm glad the game is popular enough to demand another new edition, but it's the same game. I really don't care which version I play, the game plays the same either way.
6 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Shakespeare
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder... will this affect the implementation of Caylus on BSW?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is that model horse on the side an indication of what is inside or just some Ystari logo?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kamakaze wrote:
Is that model horse on the side an indication of what is inside or just some Ystari logo?


That's from the Statue tile you can build.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Papadopoulos
msg tools
Do you think they will finally balance the resource favor track?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The silently condemning king, his arms crossed and his heart full of hatred for me and my gaming choices. 2 player again? Why can't you get any friends?
S'quarrels: A Game of Absolute Nuts again? Really? Do I not provide all the entertainment you need?

Good-bye old friend, I feel sorry for all future gamers and how they will never know the pain of your eternally disapproving gaze.
8 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman Hedden
United States
Greenville
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Will the jeweller tile come with this edition?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Железный комиссар
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Normandy wrote:
Will the jeweller tile come with this edition?


It's been in every box of Caylus sold in the last 4 years. It would be very odd of them to take it out now.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
JohnRayJr wrote:
Normandy wrote:
Will the jeweller tile come with this edition?


It's been in every box of Caylus sold in the last 4 years. It would be very odd of them to take it out now.

I didn't think that was true, e.g. see http://boardgamegeek.com/article/5844917#5844917 ...?

Anecdotally, I bought Caylus in the last 4 years and mine didn't have a Jeweler.

We're talking about this tile, right?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.