Raphaël
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I have few questions and observations about the markers available in the box. I believe these questions have to be asked, even if it is quite easy to bypass.

- I can't find the Prestige marker despite it appears on one Aid sheet. At first, I thought I had managed to loose it, but looking the countersheets I can find it either ! Where the Hell is it ?

- What is the use of the weather marker ? And the "-2" on its back ? Personally I use it for the Prestige points

- I was surprised that there is no markers for the monthly ship and tonnage sunk. I suppose It had been dote in purpose in order to avoid markers congestion.
More generally, I recommend players to use log sheets for the campaign in order to count tonnage, remember skipper affectations, etc...

Raphaël

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Schall
United States
Evans City
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The prestige marker was missing from the countersheets. The one in the errata is for you to make if you'd like.
The weather marker is used for the weather rules (7.4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Massey
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The markers for ships sunks and tonnage *are* used for the monthly losses if you are playing the full campaign, as once the VPs are calculated at the end of the month they can be reset to zero.

Ah - but you still need to keep track of the total sunk in order to know when torpedo improvmements are potentially available, so yes, I see what you mean.

It's also strange that a B-Dienst roll of North Sea coul have 3 different possible outcomes for Special Convoys and Task Forces but there is no way to record which except manually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brien Miller
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We had some keystone cops stuff happen with the markers: We had markers for everything at one point, then a mod we added changed the requirements late in the game. I redid the markers, inserting them into the sheet. At the same time, we had a minor reshuffle of some of the other markers which deleted two unneed ones, and added others including the political influence marker. We then updated the printer with the full revision. Unhappily, the printer's configuration management methodology was, to be honest, flat out missing. Although they proofed the new sheet, they ended up running the old sheet and we didn't catch it until a week after the game was shipping. So, yes, we know there is a bit of marker mayhem; we provided the missing political influence marker via .pdf and if we need others, just let us know and we will do likewise.

Such is the trials and tribulations when one deals with such a hugely complex production in three languages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gandara
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where is the .pdf and errata? I couldn't find it on the compass games site.

Also, is there a electronic version of the rules and scenario sheet planned to be posted like was done with Silent War?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Jackson
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
PDF with the errata and some FAQ is at the top of the folder, here:

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?14@45.FcARbGTZ4TZ.16@.1dd0f...

Also there is a PDF where you can personalize your ace skippers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.