Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Bloom
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
It seems obvious that a Truthtrance answer or VOICE response force the ordered/answered behavior, but Prescience is less clear to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn McMaster
Canada
flag msg tools
The answer is binding, with the only possible exception being if a Harkonnen handswap makes the answer now impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamgar
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
badge
Knowing where the trap is - that's the first step in evading it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well you have to answer prescience truthfully. You can change your battle plan in response to the question (i.e. formulate your battle plan after hearing the question), but must abide by your answer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evgeny Reznikov
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The answer is binding, since the power will be worthless if it wasn't so.

Truthtrance (by our rule interpretation, at least) is not binding, meaning you have to answer to the full extent of your knowledge about current and past events, but in the future, you're not bound to any way of action or inaction that would make your answer come true.
This is in accordance to the way the power was said to be used in the books.

Also, Truthtrance is not an agreement between players, so the rules on binding agreements do not apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:

Truthtrance (by our rule interpretation, at least) is not binding, meaning you have to answer to the full extent of your knowledge about current and past events, but in the future, you're not bound to any way of action or inaction that would make your answer come true.
This is in accordance to the way the power was said to be used in the books.

Also, Truthtrance is not an agreement between players, so the rules on binding agreements do not apply.

Because memory can be faulty or disputed, I don't think truthtrance should be based upon past events. Likewise, feelings or intentions are subjective, so truthtrance on the future is problematic as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Truthtrance is best used for specific questions in battle, such as "are you using a shield card?"

I can't see how questions such as "are you going to attack me next turn" could be valid, or for that matter, of much use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Marvosh
United States
Boise
ID
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
azuredarkness wrote:

+1 to this. How were you imagining the power would work if it wasn't binding?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.