Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Atomic Theory only once per turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If I have the 2 resource tokens needed to do so, can I nuke 2 citys in the same city management?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

No. Any technology which requires a resource to activate can only be used once per game turn.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
But if you have the resources, you can use both Atomic Theory resource abilities on the same turn. Just not the same one twice in a turn.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Thanks guys!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Warlock of
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if a tech card features two abilities, you can use both in a single turn, as long as you pay for each ability separately?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
FiretopMountain wrote:
So if a tech card features two abilities, you can use both in a single turn, as long as you pay for each ability separately?


The rule is resource abilities are once per turn. See the difference on animal husbandry (not a resource ability and limited to once per battle).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Kruis
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonoso wrote:
If I have the 2 resource tokens needed to do so, can I nuke 2 citys in the same city management?

Also city management is not when you nuke someone: that happens during movement.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
swfan wrote:
rdonoso wrote:
If I have the 2 resource tokens needed to do so, can I nuke 2 citys in the same city management?

Also city management is not when you nuke someone: that happens during movement.


I wrote it by memory in the day after the game, so I was mistaken, you nuke others on move AND boost your city actions on city management.

Sorry!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The RTEAM Gamers Club of Tucson Arizona
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ALong these lines. Say you try to Nuke someone they cancel it with Mass Media, then you cancel their mass media with prime time TV. Can they then use Mass Media again if they have a 2nd resource (spy?)

If the answer is yes, then what if I had another Uranium can I then launch another Nuke? As long as I have teh resources. I assume Yes.


I am guessing this cancelation means the ability wasn't done, so if you have the resources to fuel it you can keep trying until someone doesn't get canceled?

This actually happened.

Thanks,
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rteamgamers wrote:
ALong these lines. Say you try to Nuke someone they cancel it with Mass Media, then you cancel their mass media with prime time TV. Can they then use Mass Media again if they have a 2nd resource (spy?)

If the answer is yes, then what if I had another Uranium can I then launch another Nuke? As long as I have teh resources. I assume Yes.


I am guessing this cancelation means the ability wasn't done, so if you have the resources to fuel it you can keep trying until someone doesn't get canceled?

This actually happened.

Thanks,


All resource abilities are once per turn. Doesn't matter if they are canceled or not.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.