Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
59 Posts
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 

Mansions of Madness» Forums » General

Subject: Mansions of Madness REVIEW Part 1 COMPLETE - Pictures Included Inside - ****UPDATE INSIDE**** rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
****UPDATE 1/18/2011****

It's 4:00 AM EST and I've spent the last 10 hours working on finalizing Part 1 of my Mansions of Madness Video Review in HD. It is now complete and will render for the next 4 hours so that I can catch up on some much needed sleep. It runs at just over 20 Minutes. I should have the video up around Noon tomorrow.

Jeremy D. Salinas

****UPDATE 1/17/2011****

I just finished my outline for my Review, and here is how it is going to fall out.

I am doing this in 3 Parts.

Part 1's Audio is 100% complete, however I need to record and edit a heavy dose of Video and I have yet to start that portion (I am taking Friday off work to complete this).

Part 1 will cover my Introduction as well as ALL of the Components in the Game. I hope to have it completed by Friday EVENING...fingers Crossed.

Part 2 will cover Gameplay as well as my Final Thoughts and Review. I hopefully can have this completed within the next 4-7 days...but I need to play test it thoroughly, and as I am sure you all are quite aware...doing so will be a major investment of my time, and I need to make sure I give the game the right amount of attention to properly review all of it's mechanics.

Part 3 will cover the Miniatures (fully painted) as done by a professional painter who has had several entries placing 1st and 2nd at GenCon Conventions. This will be very similar to my Space Hulk and Dust Tactics Videos that covered just the specialty painted portions of the game.....more of a supplement than anything else. I hope to have this ready by the first week of March...in time for the National release of the game sometime that month.

Jeremy D. Salinas
WWW.DRAKKENSTRIKEVIDEOS.COM

I just received my copy of Mansions of Madness and will be spending the next few days reading the Rules and playtesting the Game and all of it's mechanics. I don't want to rush into a review since this game has been on my most wanted list of games for 2011, and as typical of Corey Konieczka's wonderful work in the past, they game will need much more attention than what is usual to properly convey its Theme and Gameplay to a wider audience. Therefore I need to make sure I experience as much of the game as possible prior to completing my final thoughts and analysis.

I will also be bringing Mansions of Madness to IndyCon 2011 and WhosyerCon 2011 to allow as many people as possible a chance to play the game in its entirety. Likewise, since this copy falls in line with Fantasy Flight Games Weekend Preview Events going on around the country, if you live in the greater Indianapolis area and would like to play, please contact me directly and we can set up a time, date and place to meet, just make sure we have as many players as possible within your group of gamers. In the meantime, I wanted to post some pictures for eager gamers to see. Expect one of my HD Video Reviews within the next several days unless I get lost in the Madness !!

Jeremy D. Salinas
WWW.DRAKKENSTRIKEVIDEOS.COM

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just received Mansions of Madness......Review "hopefully" within 3-4 days......Pictures Included Inside
It looks most excellent my good sir. Color me envious.

You should post those pics to the actual game gallery when you get the chance as well!

Looking forward to your work on this one my friend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Just received Mansions of Madness......Review "hopefully" within 3-4 days......Pictures Included Inside
UndeadViking wrote:
It looks most excellent my good sir. Color me envious.

You should post those pics to the actual game gallery when you get the chance as well!

Looking forward to your work on this one my friend.

Thank you Lance. I was right in the middle outlining 3 other reviews...can you say TOTAL DEVIATION?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
Box looks like it is Battles of Westeros size, yes?

Or Castle Ravenloft if you don't own that one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Salinas
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Man Vs Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
Battles of Westeros Size for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Taylor
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drool drool dribble
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Vanhoyland
Belgium
Genk
flag msg tools
designer
“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” ― H.P. Lovecraft
badge
I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.
mbmbmbmbmb
*green with envy* gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alicia
United States
flag msg tools
badge
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans."
mbmbmbmbmb

surprise OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
*SLAP* (followed by a voice in the back ground)
"NOW SNAP OUT OF IT!"

Whew, ok Jeremy, this is a video I definitely must see. ninja

covet covet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Schoenheiter
Germany
Heusenstamm
Hessen
flag msg tools
publisher
Editor
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Crookedeyeboy wrote:
Drool drool dribble

I second that. My MUST HAVE game of 2011. Best is tho, that when I'm through with it I can buy Arkham Horror (which I have never played - GASP! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Gaskill
United States
Bridgeton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
So much waiting and I CAN'T WAIT!

OD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald (Joe) Rupert
United States
Flower Mound
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait!

Thanks for posting this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam London
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may well end up my most anticipated review of 2011. Can't wait to see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoa!wow

If the gameplay is half as good as it looks, I'll buy it immediately!

...Okay, who am I kidding? I'll buy it anyway.

Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert C Branch
United States
Granada Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't wait to see your review to hear what you think of this one. I hope this one lives up to expectations. I know Lance wasn't as pleased with Betrayal at House on the Hill as I was, so hopefully this will be great for everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just How did you manage to score an early copy without being a brick and mortar gamestore, pray tell??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the 'scantily-clad women' monsters supposed to represent ??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmmm, I feel an ensorcelment coming on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Harris
United States
Oshkosh
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lower back tattoo...Might as well be a target.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thass a 'witchmark', not a measly tattoo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
chicklewis wrote:
Just How did you manage to score an early copy without being a brick and mortar gamestore, pray tell??

He's done a video review or two in the past. You might see one on occasion pop up here on BGG. They're pretty low quality shakey-cam flicks though, usually with outdated games no one plays anymore. So the publisher probably just made a shipping mistake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Herring
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
chicklewis wrote:

He's done a video review or two in the past. You might see one on occasion pop up here on BGG. They're pretty low quality shakey-cam flicks though, usually with outdated games no one plays anymore. So the publisher probably just made a shipping mistake.

Heheh..funny. If you are a regular at BGG then you have probably marveled over at least one the component breakdown video reviews.

I can't wait to see your review of the Jeremy. I am going to the preview of my local store with my son on Sunday and am looking forward to that.

Not to hijak this thread but there is another game to add to the review list. Conquest of Planet Earth: The Space Alien Game by Flying Frog. It looks great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Szegedi
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As always, Thanks Jeremy!!! You Rock!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Pontiff
United States
Houma
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Riot at Jeremy's house. LOL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
erel renteria
United States
coral springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
please please post pictures when you paint the minis!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.