Subject: Fastest win 2P rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charles krueger
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
i was playing basic rules, 2P. got Alpha Centauri with Rebel Fuel Cache and Mining League.

turn 1: trade, opponent chooses settle, so i settle the freebie Rebel Cache and trade the rare good
turn 2: build Mining League, opponent chooses produce, so i have 2 rare goods now
turn 3: 2x trade - 6 vp
turn 4: produce
turn 5: 2x trade - 6 vp
turn 6: produce
turn 7: 2x trade - 6 vp
turn 8: produce
turn 9: 2x trade - 6 vp

game ends, i have a 3 card tableau

certainly, without the help of my opponent, this takes 2 turns longer.

So the question is

what is the fastest possible win in 2P, with or without help?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward
United States
New York City
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Brink of War, the fastest possible 2-player game (for experienced players, where you take two actions per turn) is 2 turns. Outside Brink of War, you can do it in 3.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chuck_gamer wrote:
certainly, without the help of my opponent, this takes 2 turns longer.

Nice game, it's kind of like naked trading Alien Toy Shop with Earth's Lost Colony in regular 2p, which would also be a 9 turn 2p game. Yours is more difficult tho because you need to leech 2 specific phases rather than 1.

Edit: The current record, rather than theoretical minimum, for Lowest number of rounds (non-2pa) is 6 - in a 6p game tho. I'm not sure what the record is for regular 2p. Since very few ppl play that form of the game i don't track it separately from 3p-6p.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
chuck_gamer wrote:
game ends, i have a 3 card tableau

Yes, but did your 27 VPs in 9 turns win?

I say this because it might not have. Winning versus a very fast Produce/Consume engine is tricky, but can -- with some luck -- be done and knowing how to do this will generally improve your game skills.

As an experiment, play against your actions and try to beat your score. Hint: in the base game, Epsilon Eridani is probably your best bet... Good Luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles krueger
United States
cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
yes, it was a win. i was playing the AI program. i forget the details of my opponent, maybe earth's lost colony. but i agree, you could certainly forge ahead to end the game quickly and lose.

i also believe the game still would have ended in 9 turns even if the opponent didn't choose produce on turn 2, this is because he was also scoring some vp's on my produce/consume cycles as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.