Steven Tan
United States
South San Francisco
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one choice and the brave make it. Fly from the path.
mbmbmbmbmb
What is this? We've been smacking the cubes around with the spring arms and making up our own target games but I'm really curious to know what this is actually for:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, what a nostalgia bomb. I haven't seen these since I was a kid, but I honestly don't remember for certain what we did with them. They're from the mid 80's I think.

I seem to remember you were supposed to stack the cubes and knock them out of the stack without knocking the stack over..?

But maybe that's just something silly we did with them instead of following the actual rules.

On second thought, it might have been a marbles-type game but with cubes instead of spheres..?

Edit:

Indeed, my second instinct was correct. After a little memory jogging, I came up with the name. Squarbles (i.e. Square-Marbles)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
How tall is justice?
Canada
Georgetown
Ontario
flag msg tools
Who IS this masked man? And WHY has he never been photographed together with 6 year old millionaire playboy Calvin?
badge
I see a world that's tired and scared of living on the edge too long.
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember these things! I had the black and red shooter, second from the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tan
United States
South San Francisco
CA - California
flag msg tools
badge
There is only one choice and the brave make it. Fly from the path.
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! You rock!! Thanks! Wow, what a strange find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Buss
United States
Muncie
Indiana
flag msg tools
"It seems, that is, I may have become, quite by accident, the chosen, what what?"
badge
“Here is my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes.” ― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Petit Prince
mb
WOW... my brother and I had a couple of sets of these.... We LOVED THEM...looking back, we probably would have loved the Battlegrounds Crossbows and Catapults, but I didn't even know about that then...

They are a great novelty and a blast from the past... the eighties version of Bucky Balls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I just want to know why it's been two fourteen(!) hours and someone hasn't submitted Squarbles to the submission queue.

BTW, I had the yellow set in the early 1990s

Edited because I missed that this was p.m. instead of a.m.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skelebone wrote:
I just want to know why it's been two fourteen(!) hours and someone hasn't submitted Squarbles to the submission queue.

Didn't realize Marbles was in the system, so figured it would be out of scope. Consider it done!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.