Subject: Ascension coming to iOS in May rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't believe no one posted this yet, but Ascension is coming to iPhone and iPad in May.

http://www.ascensiongame.com/news-archive/item/gary-games-an...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was posted the other day. I know because I griped in that thread about how it should be coming to Android users, too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yongster Yong
Malaysia
Shah Alam
Selangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
its May! any news from Gary Games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never played Ascension, so this may sound like a silly question: how does it compare to Magic: The Gathering?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ascension is a deckbuilding game, so it is much more similar to Dominion or Thunderstone than it is to Magic: the Gathering.

Ascension is considered by many to be the simplest of the deck builder designs, so it has the easiest set up and still has some interesting decisions and some meaningful depth.

I am really looking forward to the iOS release and welcome any news on the release date as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i've never played a card game with deck building mechanics, so glad to hear it's the simplest one

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger Wiccan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJack wrote:
i've never played a card game with deck building mechanics, so glad to hear it's the simplest one

There is already one on the app store called Battles of Gundabad that is a clone of Dominion. So you could always check that one out if you wanted to see how it played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 21261. tigerwiccan
  • 1d6 =
  • (4) =
  • Thu May 5, 2011 5:34 pm
Ben Stanley
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's still very early May, so give them a chance. I am starting to get worried about some of the other awesome games that were promised for the iOS that haven't materialized yet, though (Citadels, Wits & Wagers (which was at least formally cancelled), Dixit, Bohnanza, and games like that).

Anyone know anything new about those, or Cartagena, Ghost Stories, Army of Frogs, Alien Frontiers, Dominant Species, or Cyclades?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vern Shurtz
United States
Spencer
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Going on Mid May and still no news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Blue Steel wrote:
It's still very early May, so give them a chance. I am starting to get worried about some of the other awesome games that were promised for the iOS that haven't materialized yet, though (Citadels, Wits & Wagers (which was at least formally cancelled), Dixit, Bohnanza, and games like that).

Anyone know anything new about those, or Cartagena, Ghost Stories, Army of Frogs, Alien Frontiers, Dominant Species, or Cyclades?

Well Bohnanza is out at least. But ditto hoping to see those other games soon!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
TS S. Fulk
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, That's My Fish! is out for the Mac App Store. I hope board games that are one iOS get ported to the Mac. My iPod Touch is too small for playing board games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lui
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The previews for the next set indicate that the iOS version is coming "next month."

http://www.ascensiongame.com/news-archive/item/return-of-the...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
they made a post on facebook asking for people who were interested in playting the iOS game to email their playtesting account, so it is getting close at least.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sweet was giving up hope for iOS so here's hoping for June now like they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vern Shurtz
United States
Spencer
North Carolina
flag msg tools
A cool interview with Justin Gary at wired.com

http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2011/05/q-a-with-justin-gary-of...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mrbass
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for link to interview. It says can play against AI a game in about 5 minutes. Here's hoping you can do hotseat as well though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Patriss
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbass wrote:
thanks for link to interview. It says can play against AI a game in about 5 minutes. Here's hoping you can do hotseat as well though.

I agree it was a great read. I am pretty optimistic it will have multiple ways to play. Reading that interview he seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and a real thumb on the pulse of what people want in a hand held version.

I am hoping for vs 1 or more bots and a play and pass and who knows even an online multiplayer version.

Either way I am way stoked about this release. Only problem is the wait haha We all want our cake NOW right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scrumpy Jack
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
June, and no news. Does anyone here have an insight as to when this might be out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Massek
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't say much, but at least a few weeks away. It's looking good though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.