Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
ConnCon 2018 March 23, 24, 25 in Stamford, CT
badge
mbmbmb
Hey all! Just wanted to announce that preregistration is open for ConnCon, March 18, 19 and 20 in Stamford, Connecticut (minutes out of NYC by Metro North) at the Holiday Inn Dowtown.

ConnCon is a mixed RPG and Board Gaming convention. The Board Game area features tons of open gaming, plus a list of scheduled 'teaching' games including a few monster epics and hard-to-find titles!

For more information, or to preregister got to ...

www.ConnCon.com

To keep abreast of ConnCon information you can subscribe to the ConnCon guild here on BGG . Also, check out the ConnCon No-Ship Mathmagic Mega-Trade!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith "Boaty McBoatface" C
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Can people pay at the door, or is there only a pre-reg option?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nicholas` armwood
United States
New York
flag msg tools
I lived in Kent Ct. For about 20 years now I'm in Oklahoma. Won't be able to make it but it's nice to be reminded of Ct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Alberg
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
Whoopee Doopee, we have fun!
badge
You lost the game!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a room, and I've paid my registration for the weekend. Looks like I'm gonna be there. Yippee!

See you in a month.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Stewart
United States
Owego
NY
flag msg tools
designer
www.drunkassgames.com
badge
!!!NERD ALERT!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm there and bringing a crew of drunken nerds with me!

Extra excited about the Battletech event!!! Just finished the map and mechs last night, its gonna be a blastyblast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Faust
United States
Malverne
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about going to ConnCon for the first time. Lots of good stuff on the schedule. How fast do events fill up? How great is the chance I might not get in the events I want? How much board game activity (percentage-wise) goes on that's not on the schedule? Any other helpful tips?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I grew up in Greenwich so I think I'll go down to my parents' place for the weekend and check this out. It looks like fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Orph wrote:
Can people pay at the door, or is there only a pre-reg option?

Keith, you can pay at the door but the prices are higher (I want to say $5 for the daily tickets ... ) I'll look into exact cost and let you know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Phrim wrote:
I'm thinking about going to ConnCon for the first time. Lots of good stuff on the schedule. How fast do events fill up? How great is the chance I might not get in the events I want? How much board game activity (percentage-wise) goes on that's not on the schedule? Any other helpful tips?

We try really hard to get everybody into the games they want ... even running multiple tables if that's feasible. And if there's demand we can get a lot of those games to run again on-site.

There's also tons of open gaming. It's hard to give it a percentage because there can be a big ebb and flow ... but on the average at any given time half the board gamers there are playing open (vs. scheduled) games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just put in my pre-registration, pretty pumped. I noticed that the first event occurs at 1:00pm on Friday. Question is, when do the doors open, so to speak? And how long should I plan on standing in line to get my pass or whatever I'll have to have? Any way to get that early and avoid the lines?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Casiglio
United States
Ansonia
CT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I want to say 12:30 but I'm not 100% sure (I'm usually deep in set up work at that time ...) I'll see if I can find out and I'll post here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Avery
United States
Suwanee
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Heya, I wanted to post a big thanks to everyone that made us "out of towners" feel welcome. I really enjoyed the casual freindly vibe and met a lot of fun people. Thanks for your hard work in setting things up!

Steve"Master of Intigue"Avery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.