Space Alert» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Me, my androids and I rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nanilia Kaidoh
Sweden
Arkansas
flag msg tools
Fresh from the Academy my captain was the only experienced player on the first ship I traveled with. It took me many adventures and many persuasive friends before I finally took the last step and consented to be cloned. That was sometime ago and since then I've traveled with many crews, but I have still been faithful to my captain. Feeling like I have started to out grow the position as both External and Internal Security Officer I decided to get my own ship and see if I could manage well with my own crew.

This is the report following my fifth mission.

Date: 16th February
Crew: Captain Nanilia (me), Red, Yellow and Green (my androids)

There was not much time, one moment we were doing the hyper jump and the next the computer was warning us that we had an Armored Grappler approaching us in the blue zone. Red ran to face the threat, while Yellow maximized our central shield. I took charge and went down the elevator to help Red face the threat. Not a moments rest as I heard the computer warn that there was a problem with our central laser. It was jamed. Green got to take care of it as Yellow took the elevator down waiting to load the central reactor. Red waited on me hurying to help against the Grappler.

There was a moments peace, but it didn't last long. Just when I had entered blue zone the computer sounded again. Threat zone white. We had an asteroid coming for us. Now I've faced asteroids before, I know how to handle them. I ordered Green to wait and to fix the laser jam first. Didn't much of a choice really. Me and Red fired the lasers on the Grappler, but it fired back and took out our shield. Yellow loaded the central reactor before helping Red with the puls cannon in a second round against the Grappler. The Grappler exploded into dust just as it was getting close enough to make real damage. I loaded the reactor as it was now empty in blue zone. Green was now free to attack the Asteroid. He did a great deal of damage but not enough or too much, a very important thing to remember when handling asteroids.

I had loaded the reactor in the nick of time as there now appeared a
Cryoshield Fighter right infront of us in the blue zone. I started by blowing it's shield, and Red waited to be able to be of help. Green is quite good with computers so he's incharge of making sure that the screen doesn't go black. Yellow helped by reloading the central reactor as that had been emptied again.

The computer warned us that we had taken a Saboteur onboard. I direktly
asigned this duty to Green, as Red and I needed to keep the Fighter at bay, killing it as we go and Yellow needed to take care of the asteroid. The saboteur moved around the ship but there was still much time for Green to pick up the battlebots. Somewhere here we had miscalculated. Green enterd the room that the saboteur was in, but didn't have enough time to fix what needed to be fixed. The saboteur got away and dealing two damage on the ship. Mean while I waited for more information about threats and waited for the asteroid to pass. It was almost killed, but not really killed anyway, it was the safest was of taking care of it. It dealed two damage, no problem since we had so much shield. Yellow was being a good adventurer and looked out through the window and could see the asteroid burn as it shattered against our shields.

Just as the asteroid died in a puff of sand against the shields the computer warned us that we had a Stealth Fighter coming in us. Red was schooled the right way, and our best computer technician onboard, he fixed the computer from the blue zone and then waited for Yellow to move in to meet this new threat. I fired a missile as Yellow took the elevator up to be ready at the big laser cannon. A the same time as the missile hit the Fighter bothe Green and Yellow fired their laser cannons. Lets just say that the Stealth Fighter didn't live long.

As we realised our time was short before the hyperjump back here, we all
hurried down to the window, well all but Yellow he couldn't make it. As we looked out we heard the familiar sound of the ship preparing to hyperjump.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice report!

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonatan Kilhamn
msg tools
Nanilia, this is your former Captain speaking. I just wanted to say I'm very proud of you.

I've taught countless new recruits, and while almost everyone finds the thrill of the danger, well, thrilling, some never fly again. Many keep flying, but always on my ship. I sometimes offer them a higher position, more responsibility, but most decline. It is a rare day that any of my recruits sign up for another ship and go flying on their own. You are but the third person ever to do that, from my recruiting base of almost a hundred. And the first one to post your mission log publicly.

After flying without my guidance, nay, running your own ship entirely, I'll understand if you find it hard to return under my command. I just want to say that I would very much like you back on my ship, and I would gladly give up part-time captainship to you if that's what it takes.

After all, you were one of my most gifted students. No-one I've known has flown for so long before signing their clone consent form. Those last missions before you did, when we started going deeper and deeper, I feared I'd lose you... every time. You were always... *sniff* ...so brave. You were there when I flew my first red alert ever, and we made it. Now that you've flown without me, I hope you won't... I just... *sob* I don't want to lose you...

*Ahem* Sorry for that, I'm getting emotional. Until I hear otherwise, I will assume you're staying. Next mission is scheduled for today, right after lunch. We've both tried the lunch money runs and know how much hassle they are, so we'll start maybe 12:20. I'd be... glad if you could join us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.