Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lets say I have enough space in my farm for two more animals. If I take an action that would give me five animals and I have an improvement that allows me to convert animals into food, could I put two of the animals into my farm and convert the other three into food or would I just lose the three excess animals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Lets say I have enough space in my farm for two more animals. If I take an action that would give me five animals and I have an improvement that allows me to convert animals into food, could I put two of the animals into my farm and convert the other three into food or would I just lose the three excess animals?

You can always take animals and immediately cook them.

The only time you must have the space is when they are breeding - You can't cook the baby if you didn't have room for it in the fist place.

N.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N/A
United States
Yankeedom
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cook those extra animals! And congratulations on taking some of the edge off the "feeding the family" phase of the harvest.

(FYI, from the rulebook: "Animals that cannot be placed into the farmyard must be returned to the general supply or immediately transformed into Food using an Improvement with the [cooking] symbol.")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
Joshua the Gamer wrote:

You can always take animals and immediately cook them.

The only time you must have the space is when they are breeding - You can't cook the baby if you didn't have room for it in the fist place.

N.

But babies are the most delicious devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Speelman
United States
Wolverine Lake
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish I knew this the last game I played with the wife. I had a hearth and took an action that gave me something like seven extra sheep. I would have had enough food for the rest of the game if I had known this then.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarvis
United States
Brisbane
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joshua the Gamer wrote:
Wish I knew this the last game I played with the wife. I had a hearth and took an action that gave me something like seven extra sheep. I would have had enough food for the rest of the game if I had known this then.

And she would have known to block the space before it had seven sheep on it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.