Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Cookman
United States
Tampa
FL
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I reviewed this game as part of my 365ZED project.

Tonight I built and played Zombie Nightmare. It is designed to be printed on two pages, but I reduced it to print both sheets on 1 page to save ink. I still produced a fine copy of the map and since I was using figures instead of the provided cutouts, the size reduction didn't really hurt anything.

In Zombie Nightmare, you are trying to help Jeff escape from the church graveyard and get out of the church gate. Jeff has 1 bullet left in his gun, but is otherwise defenseless against the zeds. Escape is his plan. Think about the opening sequences of Zombieland. It's all about the cardio in this game.

This is really more of a logic problem with some randomization thrown in. Jeff can move 3 spaces and zeds can only move 2 spaces. As long as Jeff doesn't get a zombie that pops up in front of him or a bad event roll, he has a good chance of winning. Jeff won all three games that I played, but I never rolled any doubles.

Oh did I mention that our "Jeff" was a green ninja? Hmmm. Must have slipped my mind.

Originality-- It's the tired, old "fight-zombies-in-the-graveyard" theme only you can't fight only run away. OK, no fighting, well that's kinda original. shake
Rules-- The translation of the rules from "engrish" was required, but then it was straight-forward enough.
Components-- There is a fairly nice map board, some cut-out zombies, a cut-out "jeff" figure and icons for the gun and the gate.
Theme-- I just don't feel the zombie theme conveyed by this game. You could be running away from sentient bowling balls from outer space.
Cool-- I want to feel like Ash Williams, not someone running for their lives and praying they don't run out of luck.

Don't waste your time with this one if you want to fight zombies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb
mcookman65 wrote:
I want to feel like Ash Williams, not someone running for their lives and praying they don't run out of luck.

A very good point. This game just doesn't have any excitement to it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.