• [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the "geeky" qualification, I think it's referring to these Egypt protest signs I saw yesterday:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VETRHUS of Rogaland
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
An ash I know, Yggdrasil its name. With water white is the great tree wet; thence come the dews that fall in the dales. Green by Urth's well does it ever grow.
mbmbmbmbmb
It was supposed to be lighthearted and apolitical. But if that's what you want, you'll get it.

I wasn't seeking political discourse. It has just impressed me lately how geeky some protester signs are from Madison and around the globe.

And to be fair relative to those photos BJ posted, that's DURING the rally, when folks had to leave their signs with sticks behind before they went in to lobby or to speak before the assembly.

There was no good place to put signs, and the receptacles filled up rather quickly with 13,000 there (Tuesday) so there they sat until the clean-up happened afterward (by the people themselves). In fact, some of the signs belonged to the number of folks who stayed inside waiting for their two minutes for over eight hours.

They never left the building during that time. Some slept in the rotunda.

The lack of fair treatment of state employees apparently doesn't reside simply in Madison, but it emanates from the biased media outlets who would seek to destroy the reputation of the good people who have been exercising their rights this week.

I know it's hard for a GOP member to comprehend that hard-working people of goodwill have been showing patriotism in such a profound way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
Canada
toronto
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
diehard4life wrote:
It was supposed to be lighthearted and apolitical. But if that's what you want, you'll get it.

I wasn't seeking political discourse. It has just impressed me lately how geeky some protester signs are from Madison and around the globe.

And to be fair relative to those photos BJ posted, that's DURING the rally, when folks had to leave their signs with sticks behind before they went in to lobby or to speak before the assembly.

There was no good place to put signs, and the receptacles filled up rather quickly with 13,000 there (Tuesday) so there they sat until the clean-up happened afterward (by the people themselves). In fact, some of the signs belonged to the number of folks who stayed inside waiting for their two minutes for over eight hours.

They never left the building during that time. Some slept in the rotunda.

The lack of fair treatment of state employees apparently doesn't reside simply in Madison, but it emanates from the biased media outlets who would seek to destroy the reputation of the good people who have been exercising their rights this week.

I know it's hard for a GOP member to comprehend that hard-working people of goodwill have been showing patriotism in such a profound way.

What's going on in Wisconsin has serious implications for working people across North America. I think it's really valuable to hear from someone who's on-the-spot for these protests. It's fairly common in the mainstream media (and RSP) for the right wing to try and distort the reality of situations in the news, but you being an eyewitness to these events makes that much more difficult. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your reports on recent events in Wisconsin. Thanks, and please continue.

If only for the eyewitness value, if I could I'd thumb your posts on this subject five times each.

And please bear in mind that you have the active sympathy of literally millions of people in North America and internationally. I hope that knowing that helps you maintain your committment to this fight, especially in light of the ongoing grind of disinformation in the mainstream media (and RSP) about what you and others are doing. Thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.