Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
*ahem* "Place 1 Food on each remaining Major Improvement on the MI Board. When these Improvements are acquired, you receive the Food."

How does this interact with Farmers of the Moor? Do you place the food on the MIs that are under the other MIs? Just on the top level? If the former, that makes this card so very very powerful that I want it and Braggart every time I play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
The Unofficial Compendium indicates that all Majors have one food placed on them. Nonetheless, bear in mind that the Gamers Deck was not designed for play with the "FotM" expansion, fwiw. You're right; this would be a very strong Minor in such a game, depending on how early you could get it in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Young
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
Nonetheless, bear in mind that the Gamers Deck was not designed for play with the "FotM" expansion, fwiw.

Yeah, we had a similar issue with the late riser or whichever one let you place a guest if you waited until everyone else had played family members. I maintained that I could still play special cards since they weren't family members, but we weren't sure.

Sounds like I need to get the latest compendium. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
We ran into that one, too, Mike, and ruled that, yes, you could still play specials. The card specifically refers to placing your "people." Btw, the card is titled "Late Sleeper," and the Compendium has nothing to say about the "FotM" situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've included this pretty little number on my "remove from FotM games" list. It's too complicated. It's a shame too, because it was a neat idea for a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike T
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
The interaction with FotM was not discussed in Chronicle's development.

I think the Compendium should be changed on this one. It would work much better if the food was only placed on the top tier. While the exact language of the card doesn't quite square with this, it certainly squares with the intent of the card. It seems weird to "place a food" on a card that is currently hidden underneath another card.

The only weird interaction this fix would create is the possibility that a card will get returned to the majors board on top of a card with food on it (for instance, Fireplace built, then Chronicle is played, then Fireplace is returned). That is ok with me.

It is still strengthened by 2 placed food, but I'm not sure that it's very likely that all 12 top majors are built. The second tier of majors may decrease the demand for the top majors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene van der Pijll
Netherlands
Den Haag
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MisterG wrote:
The Unofficial Compendium indicates that all Majors have one food placed on them.

I'll probably reverse that ruling in the next version, as it seems most people disagree with it.

(Rationalization: if you put a food on the top card, you also put it on the bottom card, since both cards are on top of each other.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say the food goes on the current top cards and these are the cards that need building to get the food. This gives a potential 1 extra food but less major could get built and food could get 'stuck' under a returned card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.