Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to read some game sessions, discuss strategic choices, etc. Please post some!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo LeBlanc
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We are planning to release some info on irondie.at - everything is work in progress though.
We also thought about doing a podcast, we don't know if we should release it in german or english though. (our vocabulary is sufficient, but our pronounciation - especially mine - is far from perfect, which might make listening to an english cast rather hard)
Therefore we have to decide if the non-german speaking irondie fans would listen to a sluggish cast
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flo LeBlanc
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just finished recording our first Irondie Podcast (Ferrum alea iacta est - The irondie has been cast).
It will be on http://www.irondie.at/ (mind you - the site is not finished yet) soon. (guess monday or tuesday)

We dared to record it in english.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Rabinowitz
United States
Columbia
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will it feature German accents?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Wilkin
United States
Morrisville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bite on this year old thread. Cracked open all the starters and had a quick session with a friend. The first game was actually long and interesting, we played with the red and black starters. Lots of back and forth, but I probably wouldn't recommend the game with just 2 starters alone. Afterwards we tried all sorts of things, the most powerful of which seemed to be 7 nullifiers in a deck. It's like having a deck of Counterspells in Magic:TG, but they can win you the game. It wasn't very skill based or 100% reliable, but at least the way we played it was a coin flip in the favor of the player with the nullifiers. (The games ended in 1-2 turns, so we cut that out.) We probably just don't understand the game very well, but our first impression is that nullifiers are the most powerful die.

I'm mixed on the whole picking up a life die at the end of the turn thing. It seems to change/lengthen the game significantly. I feel like it should be one way or the other.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.