Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
I'd recommend the original because although DS adds more flavor to the game, I think it might be too meaty for newbies to start with. It took me sometime to learn how everything works with the vanilla.
Is it just me or is DS essentially the previous three sets in one? You have traps, treasures, diseases, and Guardian all in there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julio

Hidalgo
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend the poll having only 3 or 4 questions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Ting
Malaysia
Sibu
Sarawak
flag msg tools
4 would probably do:
-'I have/haven't played both but recommend to start with the vanilla first'
-'I have/haven't played both but recommend to start with DS first'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlesting wrote:
I'd recommend the original because although DS adds more flavor to the game, I think it might be too meaty for newbies to start with. It took me sometime to learn how everything works with the vanilla.
Is it just me or is DS essentially the previous three sets in one? You have traps, treasures, diseases, and Guardian all in there.

That's exactly why I'm interested in starting here. I want the options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ward
United States
x
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wouldn't this poll be better in a couple of weeks when most of us GET Dragonspire?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Goddard
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Now that Dragonspire is actually out, I'd love to hear a few thoughts as to whether Dragonspire would be a better first purchase than the original TS--and if so, why... mainly because that's the decision I have to make within the next few hours!

Also keep in mind the price difference. Is Dragonspire really so much better that I should spend the extra money?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.