Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I have been working on several Group Quests that Heroes collectively work to complete in addition to their normal individual Quest. Since there are no plans to publish Group Quests in the near future, I thought I would post a couple and let you all enjoy them. They have been uploaded to the files section and should appear in a couple of days after the BGG Admins complete their review.

Rules for Group Quests:

Group Quests are an easy variant to add to any level of game of Defenders of the Realm, especially the 2 that are added in this document as both are positive Quests and have no negative effect on the game if not completed.

Game Set Up: During the game set up the players shuffle their Start Quest cards (leaving the other cards separate) and in this case there are only 2 Start Quest Cards: The Crown of Elmore and The Shards of Valdorr, but in the future I will most likely post a few more Group Quests, including some that have negative effects if not achieved. After shuffling the Start Cards for all Group Quests, draw 1 card to represent the active Quest and take the matching Quest cards Part 1 - Quest Reward.

A player reads the Group Quest to all players, so everyone will be aware of what need to be done to achieve success. As segments of the Quest are completed, the next card in the Group Quest is activated.

The players can choose to work the Group Quest or ignore it, but either way the initial Group Quest will remain active until achieved. In some cases depending on the Group Quest this can have negative effects on the game play (but not with the 2 posted in this set on BGG).

If a Group Quest is achieved, a new Group Quest will be activated only when the Monarch City Darkness Spreads Card is drawn. Until that time, no new Group Quest will be initiated.

Well that is all for now - as always thanks for playing and
Long Live the Heroes of the Realm...

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankara
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot.
We love your work in this game. It will never die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ankara
Spain
Malaga
Malaga
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Waiting for the upload !!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

The files have been approved by BGG Admins and have been posted. Enjoy.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I will get versions of these cards on Artscow for everyone in a couple of days.

EDIT: Here they are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mougios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

I have been working on several Group Quests that Heroes collectively work to complete in addition to their normal individual Quest. Since there are no plans to publish Group Quests in the near future, I thought I would post a couple and let you all enjoy them. They have been uploaded to the files section and should appear in a couple of days after the BGG Admins complete their review.

Rules for Group Quests:

Group Quests are an easy variant to add to any level of game of Defenders of the Realm, especially the 2 that are added in this document as both are positive Quests and have no negative effect on the game if not completed.

Game Set Up: During the game set up the players shuffle their Start Quest cards (leaving the other cards separate) and in this case there are only 2 Start Quest Cards: The Crown of Elmore and The Shards of Valdorr, but in the future I will most likely post a few more Group Quests, including some that have negative effects if not achieved. After shuffling the Start Cards for all Group Quests, draw 1 card to represent the active Quest and take the matching Quest cards Part 1 - Quest Reward.

A player reads the Group Quest to all players, so everyone will be aware of what need to be done to achieve success. As segments of the Quest are completed, the next card in the Group Quest is activated.

The players can choose to work the Group Quest or ignore it, but either way the initial Group Quest will remain active until achieved. In some cases depending on the Group Quest this can have negative effects on the game play (but not with the 2 posted in this set on BGG).

If a Group Quest is achieved, a new Group Quest will be activated only when the Monarch City Darkness Spreads Card is drawn. Until that time, no new Group Quest will be initiated.

Well that is all for now - as always thanks for playing and
Long Live the Heroes of the Realm...

Richard

It is very pity that we didn't see any more Group Quests as Richard has said.
Group Quests are so cool idea but it is boring to have to choose between only two of them. We had to let them aside at our last games, because of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.