Mick Sullivan
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

We played a co-op game the other day, and one thing that bugged me was that there was a fighter unit by itself on the mostly-unexplored center board. Each turn, it would move around the unoccupied areas while we sat over the border on an adjacent board and went to town. I thought it was kind of irritating to watch this impotent plane zipping around, and wanted it to come and fight us, or at least patrol a different area.

My suggestion is:
Instead of leaving a unit in place when its movement roll matches the space it's already on, that unit moves onto the closest space of an adjacent board. If there are multiple spaces of equal distance away, the unit will travel to the area with the most saucers present. If there are the same number of saucers (or no saucers) on the designated spaces, the unit goes to where the highest population is.

It doesn't fix the resistance being dumb, but it at least mixes things up a little bit, and gives a slight chance for an unexpected attack.

Any feedback?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Tesh
United States
Greenville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Part of the reason resistance counters are dangerous even when they're not an immediate threat to a particular alien are that the counter placement rules allow for the tech track marker to be moved when there are too many counters on one section. If a counter moves into a space that already has another counter, it moves to the center (in this case, protecting the capital city first), unless there's already 3 in the center, making it spawn on it's original spot. But if there's already 3 tokens in the center AND where the plane is trying to move, the tech track marker jumps a step forward for each counter that can't be placed. When you only have 10 steps on that thing, that's a pretty serious threat.

Also, there are enough counters spawned over the course of a pretty simple game that it's pretty easy to get your hands full just holding a single board section.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.