Ticket to Ride» Forums » Variants

Subject: question about ticket to ride rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
I would like to give a chance to win a ticket to ride USA, even to players who have not long routes, so I decided to give 15 points to those who complete the most routes (such as the globetrotter card), you think it makes sense to put this house rule without have the 1910 expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenny VenOsdel
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say I've tried that, but a solution I have heard of is to seperate the tickets into small, medium, and large at the beginning of the game. Then you deal two smalls, two mediums, and one large one to each player. Shuffle the remaining cards together. This gives everyone a better shot for more equal tickets. I don't remember the exact amount that each size of ticket is considered though.

As a second note I would strongly recommend getting the 1910 expansion. The tickets in that expansion greatly improve the game and add a lot more contention for routes. Also you get regular sized cards in it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see nothing wrong with it. In fact, I'd encourage it. If someone ends up with the only cross country route and also longest route, it's too big of an advantage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
carmine sansalone
Italy
flag msg tools
mb
thanks for the reply, I would not buy 1910 because I do not like that there is no space in the box base, and then we like the small cards! and then 1910 is very expensive for only 35 new tracks! then I thought to give +15 bonus without getting the new cards.I think to do it, I don't need 1910

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
Moved to Ticket to Ride >> Variants
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Gansen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I own TTR and the 1910 expansion and we ran into the packing issue, as well. Not an ideal solution, necessarily, but my wife and I decided to remove the black plastic container and put the board, trains, and 1910 expansion box into the large TTR box. I didn't want to get rid of the black container, but it has been a nice solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zed Z
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We just distributed the 1910 cards into the bottoms of the 5 bins for the trains, and leave the empty 1910 card box in the game closet. Then everything is in the big game box. Of course, my next TTR purchases are going to be A & D and the Dice expansions, so "all in one" may not work after that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.