Subject: Important Tip Early on a Friday morning....... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a good idea to prepare your lunch salad next to your morning cereal.

Unless you really like salt in your cereal.

That is all!!!! surpriseblushgulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kahnt
United States
Youngstown
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
It's fun, it's healthy, it's good exercise. The kids will just love it. And we put a little sand inside to make the experience more pleasant.
badge
You know, they say there was a man who jumped from the forty-FIFTH floor? But that's another story...
mbmbmbmbmb
I did this with coffee once.

yum

-DK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Stantz
Australia
Central Coast
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If it was chicken salt I would have it!

Yum yum!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Was there milk with your cereal? If so, I can see why that would be awful. If not, couldn't you have just brushed the salt off your cereal?

On a related note, you didn't happen to pour milk on your Salad, did you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
Was there milk with your cereal? If so, I can see why that would be awful. If not, couldn't you have just brushed the salt off your cereal?

No milk yet, but since the cereal was 2 different kinds mixed together--including Grape Nuts--I couldn't see how I could scrape it off. I did think about it though, but gave up and just chucked it in the garbage and started anew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb
EgorjLileli wrote:
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

No milk yet, but since the cereal was 2 different kinds mixed together--including Grape Nuts--I couldn't see how I could scrape it off. I did think about it though, but gave up and just chucked it in the garbage and started anew.

At least it wasn't Lucky Charms... I'd have to really screw it up to throw those away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious, do you keep salt in a bowl with a serving spoon like is common with sugar? I'm just wondering how this mistake occured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bismarck1871 wrote:
I'm curious, do you keep salt in a bowl with a serving spoon like is common with sugar? I'm just wondering how this mistake occured.

Well Richard, I had my cereal prepared and got my gladware bowl and started to prepare my salad right next to my cereal. I grabbed the salt shaker and shook it over the wrong bowl!!! Since I shake cinnamon on my cereal before adding milk--and am used to shaking something on my cereal every day--my 6am brain just didn't realize I had the salt and not the cinnamon in my hand.

What can I say? I am hopeless!!!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
bismarck1871 wrote:

Well Richard, I had my cereal prepared and got my gladware bowl and started to prepare my salad right next to my cereal. I grabbed the salt shaker and shook it over the wrong bowl!!! Since I shake cinnamon on my cereal before adding milk--and am used to shaking something on my cereal every day--my 6am brain just didn't realize I had the salt and not the cinnamon in my hand.

Don't feel bad, more than once, I've pored apple juice in my cereal instead of the milk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
bismarck1871 wrote:

Don't feel bad, more than once, I've pored apple juice in my cereal instead of the milk.

Thanks for the support Jason!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Meeple1 wrote:
If it was chicken salt I would have it!

Yum yum!

Chicken Salt??

What..? I... WHAT?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Celina
United States
University City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Grapenuts. My normal morning mistake is to put sugar in my husband's coffee instead of mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hedke
United States
Gibraltar
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Most problems can be solved with either a stiff drink, a bowel movement, or a bullet.
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
bismarck1871 wrote:

This makes considerably more sense than what I originally pictured. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm ready to move on now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Sellersburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
DKahnt wrote:
I did this with coffee once.

yum

-DK

I did it to our teachers for a Senior prank. I snuck into the teachers lounge after hours (they had a huge refill thing of salt and sugar) and set about mixing the 2. Just about all the teachers on the floor had gotten their coffee before they tasted it. I was proud of myself, they never caught me either. It doesnt hold a candle to some folks Sr pranks but I was happy I had achieved what I had planned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bismarck1871 wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
bismarck1871 wrote:

This makes considerably more sense than what I originally pictured. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm ready to move on now.

I'm glad to allay your concerns. Move along!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You put salt on your salad? gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:

Yes.............salt and olive oil. Sometimes just salt.

Why?????
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
quozl wrote:

Why?????

That's....just....wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
Three years ago, when I was still single, I kept sea salt in a plastic tub with a lid. I knew what was in the container, so I didn't bother labeling it. Mary moved in shortly after that. One morning she decided she wanted a little sugar in her coffee. She tasted her coffee. Then she grabbed a sharpie and labeled the container.

When I was in junior high, we had noodles for dinner. I put the noodles in my bowl and added my vegetables. I reached for the bottle of soy sauce and promptly poured my Pepsi on top of my noodles.

A few months ago, we had a green bag of corn flakes in the cupboard next to a green bag of tortilla chips. Thankfully, we caught that one before the milk was poured.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
quozl wrote:

Why?????

That's....just....wrong!

What.........because I don't put jello?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GMOFreePortland.com
United States
Milwaukie
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ii desu. It is good.
badge
No, I have no idea.
mbmbmbmbmb
One night, in the 7th grade, we had spaghetti for dinner. With dinner, we had French bread with garlic butter. The next morning, dad made waffles. Guess which tub of butter made it to the table that morning!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mystery McMysteryface
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where's Quozl? I'm dying to know what he does put on his salad!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
True Blue Jon
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EgorjLileli wrote:
Where's Quozl? I'm dying to know what he does put on his salad!!!!

Salad dressing. Sorry for the boring answer.

Is salt on salad some east coast thing? I have never seen or heard of it before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Once I put my son's rice milk in my coffee. It tasted like I added watered down skim milk that had started to go off. Normally I add half-and-half. So nasty I had to throw the whole cup out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Sol
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
admin
All engines full to awesome land!
badge
*tap* *tap* Is this thing on?
mbmbmbmbmb
quozl wrote:
EgorjLileli wrote:
quozl wrote:

Why?????

That's....just....wrong!

Wrong? Nothing better for a salad them some Olive Oil, salt, and vinegar mixed together and sprinkled over the salad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.