Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't want to purchase the game, and then have to send off for replacement parts.

Anybody know if another "fixed" reprint is going to happen? And if it does, I feel that the game-box should be marked/dated in some way - so I know which version I am buying from the store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I too. The same. Think. That.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshal Anderson
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or maybe provide the fixed tiles with an unfixed copy - they did that with the Mr Jack expansion when it turned out the cards were wrong.

Grumbs

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
grumbletweezer wrote:
Or maybe provide the fixed tiles with an unfixed copy - they did that with the Mr Jack expansion when it turned out the cards were wrong.

Grumbs

That would work for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
WOTC's been very reasonable with the replacements. They just collect your name & address and send off the new tiles. I think it was 6-8 weeks for U.S.A. and possibly 12 weeks for international.

Some initial reports I saw said the new tiles would be in the retail pipeline by February. The rub is that your local hobby store needs to sell out of their current copies and have a supplier that needs to reorder. So your best bet would be to talk to the store manager about your concerns and make the following inquiries:

1.) When did you sell out of your initial shipment?
2.) Did you have to wait for the supplier to come up with new inventory?

I had to ask the same questions with Thunderstone to get the version 1.4 release when I bought a second copy. Fortunately I discovered the change in printers so there's no need to ask these questions for Thunderstone any more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just request the new tiles now from WOTC, and then when they arrive, go out and buy the game. Then you can just toss the old ones out and start using the new ones immediately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
Or just request the new tiles now from WOTC, and then when they arrive, go out and buy the game. Then you can just toss the old ones out and start using the new ones immediately.

I believed you needed proof of purchase or whatnot. Can I just order myself some?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
WOTC's been very reasonable with the replacements. They just collect your name & address and send off the new tiles.

And has anyone actually seen these new, fancy tiles yet? I requested mine back in December and have to see anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yugblad wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:

I believed you needed proof of purchase or whatnot. Can I just order myself some?

Just contact them through their website and ask for replacements.
They do not require any proof of purchase.
I got my new set last week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
derrickec wrote:
Autoduelist wrote:
WOTC's been very reasonable with the replacements. They just collect your name & address and send off the new tiles.

And has anyone actually seen these new, fancy tiles yet? I requested mine back in December and have to see anything.

I sent my request in mid november. They arrived yesterday (2/17).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbc- wrote:
Yugblad wrote:
DoomTurtle wrote:

Just contact them through their website and ask for replacements.
They do not require any proof of purchase.
I got my new set last week.

Same here, they just said wait 4 weeks or so and I'd get my tiles. Not sure how ethical it is to request tiles unless you've already bought the game, but there you have it.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Speedy Petey
Sweden
flag msg tools
Looks like you don't have to buy the game: order the tiles for free, download the rules, get some minis from another game and you're ready to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I picked up two sets from Amazon when the game was $19.99 knowing about the problem and the solution - I contacted them, they said no worries about getting two replacement sets - I even offered to provide my reciepts - They said no that they would just send two sets to me. I got them last week sometime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Off The Shelf Board Game Reviews
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
talusproteus wrote:
derrickec wrote:
Autoduelist wrote:

I sent my request in mid november. They arrived yesterday (2/17).

I sent my request late November, I am still waiting for replacements.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SpeedyPetey wrote:
Looks like you don't have to buy the game: order the tiles for free, download the rules, get some minis from another game and you're ready to play

yup, all you need to do is come up with the three decks of cards, char cards, all three rulebooks (with the 50 haunts) and a set of fudge dice and you're good to go.

or, you could just plunk down the $$$ and buy the game, lot less trouble (cheaper too).

i just picked up a new copy this week and it is still the old warpy one methinks. i noticed that the tiles are shrink wrapped very tightly in the kind of heavy plastic amazon.com ships with. i don't really recall ever buying a game with the tiles shrink wrapped like this. (maybe Space Hulk 3ed was) i wonder if that has something to do with the warpiness?

i'm gonna see what happens and try to flatten them out with C-clamps if i need to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:

i'm gonna see what happens and try to flatten them out with C-clamps if i need to.

If they are warped, don't bother. Just ask for replacements asap. I don't think the C Clamps would work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
Cracky wrote:

If they are warped, don't bother. Just ask for replacements asap. I don't think the C Clamps would work!

i think you're right. i guess since i bought one, i might as well call in for my replacement parts. Mine really aren't that unplayable, but why not? it's a shame, because otherwise, it's a great looking game. This has got to be killing the profit margin on this title.

i really think the way they were shrink wrapped had something to do with it. it was putting a lot of pressure on the sprues and maybe it caused a condensation effect to build up.
who knows shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
WOTC's been very reasonable with the replacements. They just collect your name & address and send off the new tiles. I think it was 6-8 weeks for U.S.A. and possibly 12 weeks for international.

For what it's worth, I'm in Canada... I inquired about the tiles on Feb 3 and they arrived yesterday (March 8).

So replacements came in under 5 weeks, even for an non-US customer. Quite pleased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.