Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone tried the latest computer version? I was wondering how hands on you needed to be as my group won't have a lot of time to manage their team. Are you able to tell the game in what situations to bunt, pinch hit, bring in relievers, etc? Unfortunately I haven't been able to get any response from the company other than buy our stuff. Any help would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Pour Away,Mein Host
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The computer manager is pretty robust. You're able to customize the AI so that he'll bunt or be more aggressive and go for the 3-run homer. You can also customize the pitching decisions too so that the manager will be a Tony LaRussa type who changes pitchers every 5 minutes, or just leaves in the starter until his arm falls off.
You might want to check out this site:

http://www.stratfanforum.com/forums/index.php

It's very active and the guys there are usually very helpful with all things Strat-O-Matic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TonyJF wrote:
The computer manager is pretty robust. You're able to customize the AI so that he'll bunt or be more aggressive and go for the 3-run homer. You can also customize the pitching decisions too so that the manager will be a Tony LaRussa type who changes pitchers every 5 minutes, or just leaves in the starter until his arm falls off.
You might want to check out this site:

http://www.stratfanforum.com/forums/index.php

It's very active and the guys there are usually very helpful with all things Strat-O-Matic.

Thank you very much! I will check this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Swanson
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By getting the computer version you will also be able to play online against other people from around the world and be a member of a league.

I am currently in 6 leagues and I maintain the websites of two of these leagues.

www.brassleague.com

www.brassleagueofchampions.com

They are a blast1!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Woodward
United States
Bowling Green
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In your leagues do you draft teams or play with established ones? Can you select to draft just from one league or a team list? Can you be alerted by email to make managerial decisions or are you more of a general manager giving basic guidlines to your manager? Thanks for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.