Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david hollin
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BSG is by far one of my favorite games. I love the paranoia and the deception. The last time I played the humans where closing in on a win with no cylon revealed yet. We knew there were two cylons. But the game was getting close, why had they not revealed. I get XO and the player next to me, realizing the mistake, turns and says "oh you’re good" I reveal and then proceed to destroy the last remnants of humanity. It was a great game.

What I like most about the game is not knowing who your friends are and being suspicious of everyone’s motives. The hidden betrayer mechanic is great.

And this brings us to my dilemma, I am thinking I will buy one or both expansions. So I am wondering which expansion to get first and what parts of the expansion help build the paranoia. Like from what I read the Cylon Fleet board seems to make hidden cylons want to reveal earlier. But it sounds cool with the pursuit track.
Thank you for your input.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you want more paranoia I'd go with Exodus. The personal goals allow players to make excuses for sub-optimal plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the Pegasus characters play unconventionally, so you can try some sneaky stuff with them while staying hidden. I will chime in and say the Personal Goals (PG) of Exodus sounds like more up your alley though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Buy both and save on the shipping costs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Chav
United States
Taylorsville
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:

This first, Exodus for murky loyalty waters.

But I think Pegasus makes the game better then Exodus does, except the loyalty execution issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danath wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

But I think Pegasus makes the game better then Exodus does, except the loyalty execution issue.
Luckily, Exodu loyalty card/execution rules override this of Pegasus
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ackmondual wrote:
Danath wrote:
Vollick1979 wrote:

Luckily, Exodus loyalty card/execution rules override this of Pegasus

Luckily, even if you buy only Pegasus you can use the Exodus rules for creating the loyalty deck and handling executions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.