Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is a question that came up on my last game session and I did not find anything on it here. Sorry if a duplicate post.

I see in the rules that the max number of bounty tokens that you can have for a nation is 5. And there is only 5 slots on your board for tokens. But can a captain have more then 5 bounty tokens total?

Basically if you have more then 5 bounty tokens do the others just slide off of your board? If so than there is a chance, tiny chance, that a captain could have a max number of bounty tokens of 20, 5 per nation.

Thanks
Ray

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you're confusing "bounties" with "bounty tokens".

The most *tokens* you can have is 4, one for each country.

The most bounties you can have with one country is 5, if the token has progresses all the way to the bottom top. Once at the bottom top, it never moves further.

Thus, if all four tokens reach the bottom top, you have 20 bounties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
What Steve said, except that the bounty tokens are supposed to start at the bottom of the track and move upward as you gain more of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Phay
United States
Nampa
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok this makes since now. we were taking a new token every time that we got a new bounty and my track of 5 might have shown multiple of say Spanish. But moving the Nation token up the track to show how many you have of that nation makes since.

So if I have 1 bounty for French and Spanish and 3 bounty for Dutch, then both French and Spanish tokens would be stacked on the bottom space of the tracker at 1 and the Dutch token would be on the number 3 slot on the tracker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops, mis-remembered which way they were numbered. I'm a top down kinda guy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giorgio Spadaro
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it happen if a player already having 5 bounties from a nation earns a further bounty of the same nation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing, it just stays on the 5.

They can't hate you any more than they already do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.