New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
10th Doctor > 9th Doctor > Rose Tyler ≥ Martha Jones > Amy Pond > 11th Doctor > Donna Noble

Discuss.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my answer:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
How is Donna even worthy of being in the equation?!

Oh wait! Different actress and her character would have been palatable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm free-basing midichloriens and the force is, like, an energy that connects and penetrates us all, man.
United States
Saint Ann
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will GeekFight you, sir.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
10th Doctor > 9th Doctor > Rose Tyler ≥ Martha Jones > Amy Pond > 11th Doctor > Donna Noble

Incorrect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Discuss.

Assuming you meant those as mathematical signs (10th Doctor Greater Than 9th Doctor), etc, then I lament that you are not quite perfectly wrong. Because if you were perfectly wrong I'd ask your advice on stocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
ekted wrote:
This is my answer:

Found on The AVClub's Dr. Who Message Board

"Doctor Who is a family show, and Karen Gillan is Dad's Entertainment."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
jpat wrote:
Octavian wrote:

Incorrect.

EXPLAIN

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
TASTE THE RAINBOW!

TASTE! THE! RAINBOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My order for New Who would be:

11th > 9th > 10th* > Donna > Rose > Amy > Martha

Though Amy definitely is #1 if going by things other than character!

* Got too emo in the end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Fulton
United States
Astoria
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bankler wrote:
TASTE! THE! RAINBOW!

Yeah, they really...

Ah, geez, the new Daleks, that just...

*BLARFH*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
You are wrongly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmb
10th Doctor > Rose Tyler > 9th Doctor > 11th Doctor > Donna Noble > Amy Pond > Martha Jones.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Benak
Serbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
10th Doctor> Lady Christina de Souza > Jenny (Doctor's daughter) > 4th doctor > 9th Doctor > Rose Tyler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I've also been watching a lot of the Pertwee Who lately with my kids, and Pertwee's right up there with Tennant as far as I'm concerned.

I knew I liked you for a reason...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jae
United States
Bryan
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
You are wrongly.

Just so you know...if my wife leaves me, I solidly blame you chapel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:

Discuss.

Disagree:

10th Doctor > 11th Doctor > Amy Pond > Rose Tyler ≥ Martha Jones > 9th Doctor > Donna Noble

I really liked Rose, and didn't think I was going to rank anyone above her, but there's something about Pond that puts her above. Maybe time will move her down some, but she's up there for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
9th Doctor > 10th Doctor > 4th Doctor > Sarah Jane Smith > Donna Noble > 3rd Doctor > 11th Doctor > K-9> Amy Pond >Rose Tyler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
VA
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I've also been watching a lot of the Pertwee Who lately with my kids, and Pertwee's right up there with Tennant as far as I'm concerned.

My doctor list is:
Pertwee => Tennant => T. Baker => Eccleston => Troughton => Smith => Davidson => McCoy => Hartnell => McGann => C. Baker
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Szilagyi
United States
Parma
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How sick was I of Rose Tyler by the end of her run?
Quite thoroughly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
MWChapel wrote:
You are wrongly.

You don't need the geekgold but I have to give you some.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dick Leban
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Regarding Catherine Tate, I've never understood how nerds, the usual demographic for Doctor Who here in the States, could ever complain about how a particular actor or actress looks.

I enjoyed the character of Donna Noble, and I thought Ms. Tate did a fine job with it. Donna knew it wasn't to be in the long run and took what she could get. Some of the barbs she threw at the Doctor were hilarious.

We've been watching all the dvds in order via netflix. In the early Tom Bakers right now, but had to go back and fill in some holes with the recent releases.

Zoe and Liz seem to be underrated. I like Jo much more now and still think Sarah gets way too whiney at times.

I guess I pretty much like 'em all now, although some lousy PBS stations have left a good chunk of Davison and everything up to the first hiatus unseen by us. I really would like to see a few more Troughton eps miraculously recovered.

This new chick has to be positively scrawny in real life to look that thin on camera.... Haven't seen the new series yet either, it'll be a while with all the boardgaming going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mb
TVDinner wrote:
Regarding Catherine Tate, I've never understood how nerds, the usual demographic for Doctor Who here in the States, could ever complain about how a particular actor or actress looks.

I have zero problem with how she looks. Her character was awful. Just the Runaway Bride was bad enough - I was relieved when it turned out that she wasn't going to really be the Doctor's new companion. Only to have the torture delayed a series.

She was the Doctor's punishment during his period of self-loathing for breaking the hearts of Rose and Martha. She was largely useless and her ending, tragic as it was, was nowhere near worth suffering through a series of her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ferguson
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
I like Donna. (I just finished the penultimate episode of Season 4 right now.) I like the fact that unlike Rose and Martha, she isn't all lovesick and pining after the Doctor all the time.

I was also not that crazy about "The Stolen Earth," which felt like Stunt Casting gone horribly insane. We'll see if part two actually features the Doctor.

I liked Donna as well, I couldn't care less about Martha Jones, felt completely useless.

I like Amy Pond and her boyfriend/husband (what'shisface). Simply because I felt it was long overdue for a male companion. Sure Rose Tyler's (ex)boyfriend went along for a few jaunts, but really, I'm glad there's more then just some woman secretly hoping to get into the Doctor's trousers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmb
Sticking to the new show:

9th doctor > 10th doctor > Jack Harkness > Martha Jones > Amy Pond > 11th doctor > Donna Noble > Rose Tyler

Good god Rose was such an annoying Mary-Sue. I think the Doctor must have been weeping tears of joy when she got sucked through that portal.

Christopher Eccleston rocks it out over just about everyone who's been in the reboot. The fact he had such a short run remains one of history's greatest tragedies.

Series 5 has been quite Meh on the whole. Yeah, Amy's nice to look at, but I prefer a companion who has settings other than 'moxy' and 'slut'. Matt Smith's mostly a let-down after Tennant, though I do like the 'old man in a young body' thing that occasionally comes out of him.

It has to be said, though, that Doctor Who is the pizza of television; even the worst of it is enjoyable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.