United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
I know some of you were looking for nice detailed pictures of the minis. I took some, but they were promptly declined when I tried to submit them to the main gallery. For those of you that are interested, I've uploaded them to my personal gallery instead.

EDIT: I've now added them to this post as well.

EDIT: So it looks like the geekmods approved the Ashardalon picture and the female heroes for the main gallery. I'll just leave it at that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice pictures. Sorry that some idiot refused to approve them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Norris
United States
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! I was always curious as to what the figures looked like in this game.

Next time try putting cleavage in each of the pictures. That will get you front page!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice pics Rob. Thanks for posting them! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greyelephant wrote:
Next time try putting cleavage in each of the pictures.
If I had some (and I was female), I would consider it. laugh

greyelephant wrote:
That will get you front page!
It's hard to get the front page when you can't even get in the main gallery. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
It's hard to get the front page when you can't even get in the main gallery. soblue

That's OK, you're gallery will collect the thumbs just as well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
While those are nice minis, I'm guessing that may have fallen under the "don't submit photos of every component of the game" style of rejection.

(But I never geekmod, so I know nothing )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
StormKnight wrote:
While those are nice minis, I'm guessing that may have fallen under the "don't submit photos of every component of the game" style of rejection.
Yeah, but it's not like anyone could print out my photos and have reasonable facsimiles of the actual minis.

Some people just want to know exactly how detailed the minis that come with a game are before they decide whether to purchase it or not - and this is something they have every right to know. My pictures do nothing but show this and I don't see the harm in it. But whatever, they were declined and that's that. I'm not hard to get along with and will gladly bow to the whims of my BGG admin overlords. goo

In any case, this was the message I got with the rejections:

Quote:
We're sorry that we couldn't use the recent image that you uploaded to BGG related to Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon Board Game, and it was removed it from the system.

Reasons:
100%

Wow. That's one hell of a good reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Saarenketo
Finland
Rovaniemi
flag msg tools
Every Wednesday at 16:00 in the library.
badge
I'm going to love and tolerate
mbmbmbmbmb
yet another dragon with human-like arms. I don't like when a thing concidered a beast has them. More like this:

less like this:
http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/4100/4147/arm_1_lg.gif
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Trogdor is the only true dragon.

laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took part in the geekmodding of your pictures and voted to accept them. I'm new to it, so I really don't understand why your excellent pictures were declined. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
greyelephant wrote:
Next time try putting cleavage in each of the pictures.
If I had some (and I was female), I would consider it. laugh

greyelephant wrote:
That will get you front page!

Just post pics of that busty dwarven fighter, that'll do it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boardgame
United Kingdom
Penrith
Cumbria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, while the pictures are fine and very useful for people making up their mind right now about getting the game, I am pretty sure that they'll have been rejected for 'glare' and some being a bit blurry. The problem with the game galleries is once pictures are up, they don't get deleted once replaced by better pictures, so without wishing to denigrate your effort or genuine service to the community interested in the game, I am afraid I would probably have voted to reject most of them too. Posting with a link to your personal gallery is a great service to those of us eager to see what the figures are going to look like though, so thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As requested by a few of you, I've added pictures of the Hero minis to my gallery (and now also to this post).

I also took Shnar's hint and uploaded some key Hero pictures to the game's main gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Osnabrück
flag msg tools
                                                             oooo                             ooo                             o    o                                      o     
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did not reject them and the pictures are really nice, but I probably would have rejected them due to this rule for the game gallery:
Quote:
Please do NOT submit individual images for every mini or every card in a minis heavy or card heavy game.

I think using your personal gallery (you could even link all of them in this thread) is a good solution, so please stop ranting about the GeekMods and enjoy the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.