4 Posts

Pirate's Cove» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cumulative upgrade costs - newbie rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Majk Jhonny
msg tools
Hi!

I played a couple of games last night and both me and my friends were confused about the cumulative cost of upgrading. If I go to Cannon Island and want to upgrade from the starting position of the cannon to the first number four; does that cost me 6 gold or does it cost "1"+"1+1"+"1+1+2"+"1+1+2+2"= 12 gold? Given that it only costs me 6 gold, shouldn't you always upgrade as much as possible so you don't have the "initial fee" more than once?

Grateful for any answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Germany
Kaiserslautern
flag msg tools
badge
So this is my new overtext ? Hmmm...
mbmbmbmbmb
From the starting position (the second "2", where the skull is) to the first "4" you have to pay 1+2+2 = 5 gold. From the first "2" you would have to pay 1+1+2+2=6 gold.

And of course it would be best to upgrade as much as possible, but usually you won't have the gold to do so or you already want to spend it elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wadsworth: It's not a trick. There was one shot at Mr. Boddy in the Study; two for the chandelier; two at the Lounge door and one for the singing telegram.
Miss Scarlet: That's not six.
Wadsworth: One plus two plus two plus one.
Miss Scarlet: Uh-uh, there was only one shot that got the chandelier. That's one plus two plus *one* plus one.
Wadsworth: Even if you were right, that would be one plus one plus two plus one, not one plus *two* plus one plus one.
Miss Scarlet: Okay, fine. One plus two plus one... Shut up! The point is, there is one bullet left in this gun and guess who's gonna get it!

First thing that came into my mind!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Majk Jhonny
msg tools
Thanks!

So, the first gold you'll have to pay to get from the first "2" to starting position, or further, is only counted when you are at that marker and not if you go from starting position to second "3"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.