New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RESULTS:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/64488-results-official.txt

SUMMARY:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
carl67lp wrote:
Wednesday, February 22 (9pm)

My calendar indicates that Wednesday is the 23rd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
kneumann wrote:
carl67lp wrote:
Wednesday, February 22 (9pm)

My calendar indicates that Wednesday is the 23rd.

Quite right. Should be the 23rd. I'll go around fixing the dates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Sokolowsky
United States
Laurel
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I presume that video games are acceptable. Can you enable the adding of video game items to the geeklist?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
I drink your milkshake!
mbmbmbmbmb
Since this is unrestricted would you mind opening the list up for RPGs and Videogames?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
BigChzy wrote:
Since this is unrestricted would you mind opening the list up for RPGs and Videogames?

Sorry about that. The editing interface for GeekLists oftentimes "forgets" the settings between edits. I've enabled both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
this is obviously a sequel to

The Because-Jeremiah-Asked Math Trade (Results Posted)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
carl67lp wrote:
Should be the 23rd. I'll go around fixing the dates.

Umm, looks like you made it end on 23 Feb 2010 when you revised it as the OLWLG indicates 358.6 days since it ended
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Sturm
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Which was my very first math trade *sniff*

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
JeffyJeff wrote:

Hadn't even noticed it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
RPardoe wrote:
carl67lp wrote:
Should be the 23rd. I'll go around fixing the dates.

Umm, looks like you made it end on 23 Feb 2010 when you revised it as the OLWLG indicates 358.6 days since it ended

Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
One thing I'd like to note: If you absolutely must get ahold of me quickly, it's best to send a GeekMail. I'm subscribed to this list, but since notifications don't come but once a day, there could be a delay in reaching me.

This also applies to syncing of the GeekList with the OLWLG. I'll try to do it frequently (a couple of times a day), but the only guarantee is nightly.

In addition, life sometimes gets in the way, and I'm starting a new job in two weeks--so take that into account if I don't respond within five minutes or something.

Carry on...

(PS: We're already at nearly 300 items...anyone recall the days of a 500-item cap on math trades? Wow, how things have changed.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rousar
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
haha....poop
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdy All,

This is the very first math trade I'm participating in and I'm excited to give this a try. I've read most of the wiki's on math trade and the OLWGL tutorials and I think I understand how everything works except for 2 outstanding questions:

1. If I offer something for trade and I only select 1 other item that I would be willing to trade for (which I don't intend to but this is just for sake of argument) and the math trade doesn't match me up with that item. Does that mean that my original item that I listed just goes untraded in this math trade and I could then list it again in a different math trade?

2. Once my want list is put together in the OLWGL and the math trade works it magic - how do I get contacted with what I need to send to whom and who will be sending me something for my item in return? Does this come via geek mail? Do I receive notification via OLWGL?

Thank you for taking the time for helping out the math trade n00b and I hope this first math trade goes successfully and smoothly for me.

Many thanks to Carl for putting this together and for all the awesome users that have listed some amazing games. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
mzrousar wrote:
Howdy All,

This is the very first math trade I'm participating in and I'm excited to give this a try. I've read most of the wiki's on math trade and the OLWGL tutorials and I think I understand how everything works except for 2 outstanding questions:

1. If I offer something for trade and I only select 1 other item that I would be willing to trade for (which I don't intend to but this is just for sake of argument) and the math trade doesn't match me up with that item. Does that mean that my original item that I listed just goes untraded in this math trade and I could then list it again in a different math trade?

2. Once my want list is put together in the OLWGL and the math trade works it magic - how do I get contacted with what I need to send to whom and who will be sending me something for my item in return? Does this come via geek mail? Do I receive notification via OLWGL?

Thank you for taking the time for helping out the math trade n00b and I hope this first math trade goes successfully and smoothly for me.

Many thanks to Carl for putting this together and for all the awesome users that have listed some amazing games. Cheers!

1.- Yes. If you offer item A for item B and it does not trade, you are free to offer it up in another trade.
2.- After the results are official, you will go back into the OLWGL and under this specific math trade it will say, "results summary". You click that, it will take you right to your name and hopefully, your trades. There's some handy video tutorials you should watch as well...I'll find them and post. Math Trade Video Tutorials
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rousar
United States
Warrenville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
haha....poop
mbmbmbmbmb
Fierce_FishSJS wrote:
mzrousar wrote:
Howdy All,

1.- Yes. If you offer item A for item B and it does not trade, you are free to offer it up in another trade.
2.- After the results are official, you will go back into the OLWGL and under this specific math trade it will say, "results summary". You click that, it will take you right to your name and hopefully, your trades. There's some handy video tutorials you should watch as well...I'll find them and post. Math Trade Video Tutorials

Adrienne,
Thank you for your response. I have gone through those video tutorials and found them very helpful. The only thing that I don't think they covered was officially submitting your want list and also viewing the summary like you mentioned. I'm sure once I get to those steps it'll make sense - right now it's just not being 100% positive on everything that makes me a little uneasy. But I'm sure it'll go fine. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrienne
United States
SAN JOSE
California
flag msg tools
badge
Fierce Fish Win the Cup
mbmbmbmbmb
It will make sense. Right now you can't see a lot of things until it gets to that point. Just remember to only put items on your list that you are willing to trade for that item. If you put an item on there that you aren't totally crazy about, chances are you will get that item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fierce_FishSJS wrote:
It will make sense. Right now you can't see a lot of things until it gets to that point. Just remember to only put items on your list that you are willing to trade for that item. If you put an item on there that you aren't totally crazy about, chances are you will get that item.

How does it work for multiple items that you are willing to trade for a single item? Does it only use one of them in the end or can it calculate based on a combination of items offered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
Konata wrote:
Fierce_FishSJS wrote:

How does it work for multiple items that you are willing to trade for a single item? Does it only use one of them in the end or can it calculate based on a combination of items offered?

It only uses one of them.

If you have items A, B, and C that you're each willing to trade for item D, the algorithm will attempt to come up with the best set of trades that will allow the most people to get something they want. It might be A, it might be B, or it might be C, but it won't be a combination.

If you want a package that people are going to really want, you might want to put A, B, and C together as the same GeekList item and say you're willing to only trade it for item D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Anderson
United States
New Boston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Thanks Trent for answering the question!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this trade. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Edelen
United States
Mount Orab
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gauging whether old Macintosh computer games will trade is not something I have experience with. I'm more of a board game trader.

I have a bunch of old "golden era" Mac games on floppy and CD that I'm considering putting up, but I don't want to fill the list with stuff no one is interested in. Some of the games I have include the following:

Bad Mojo (CD)
Myth: The Fallen Lords (CD)
Falcon (F-16 simulator—B&W, floppy)
SimAnt (B&W, floppy)
Battle Chess (B&W, floppy)
MechWarrior II (CD)
Quarterstaff (B&W, floppy)
Starship Titanic (CD)

If anyone would like to see these added to the list, Geekmail me and I will add them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Chu
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
edelen wrote:
Gauging whether old Macintosh computer games will trade is not something I have experience with. I'm more of a board game trader.

I have a bunch of old "golden era" Mac games on floppy and CD that I'm considering putting up, but I don't want to fill the list with stuff no one is interested in. Some of the games I have include the following:

Bad Mojo (CD)
Myth: The Fallen Lords (CD)
Falcon (F-16 simulator—B&W, floppy)
SimAnt (B&W, floppy)
Battle Chess (B&W, floppy)
MechWarrior II (CD)
Quarterstaff (B&W, floppy)
Starship Titanic (CD)

If anyone would like to see these added to the list, Geekmail me and I will add them.

COOL!
I've got a few working power macs and 68xxx macs I could put up as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I either have too many games or I'm getting jaded.
39 pages and all I've got written down for my want list is 2 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Rabinovich
United States
Prescott
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please excuse a noob question, but this is my first Math trade. I submited 1 game for trade and 1 game for want. What happens if the game that I want is not submitted for trade? Can I submit more want games even if I am only submiting 1 game for trade?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Mathews
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rokkr wrote:
I either have too many games or I'm getting jaded.
39 pages and all I've got written down for my want list is 2 games.

I agree. This MT is a bit on the small side for me as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.