Jesper Bøje
Denmark
Horsens
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Two questions there came up last night I cant find answers to

A) if there is a basestar on both the main board and the cylon fleet board, and a cylon uses the action on thecylon fleey board to place a basestar on the CFB, what happens? (my guess is nothing)

B) if a human is executed and have treachey cards in hand, can a revealed Cylon play a Sabotage card? ( my guess is yes)

Thanks for any input on this

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
A. Nothing would happen since both basestars are already in play.

B. A revealed Cylon could play Sabotage in this case since the treachery card was discarded by the execution process.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Good intentions are no substitute for a good education.
badge
I take my fun very seriously.
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question (just came up in a game):

Suppose a player is a hidden Cylon, and has two Treachery in hands, one being a Sabotage. He reveals, and discards lots of cards, including one Treachery, but not the Sabotage. Can he now immediately play the Sabotage as he just discarded a Treachery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Flyboy Connor wrote:

Suppose a player is a hidden Cylon, and has two Treachery in hands, one being a Sabotage. He reveals, and discards lots of cards, including one Treachery, but not the Sabotage. Can he now immediately play the Sabotage as he just discarded a Treachery?

I'd say no. Sabotage only works if a human discards a treachery card. Since the player first reveals his Cylon card then discards down to three cards he was not a human when the treachery was discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
Flyboy Connor wrote:

I'd say no. Sabotage only works if a human discards a treachery card. Since the player first reveals his Cylon card then discards down to three cards he was not a human when the treachery was discarded.

And if he is still considered a human when he's discarding his cards, then he can't play Sabotage, as Treachery cards can only be played by cylons.

It would be illogical for a player to discard cards and then play a Treachery card in response to that, as they would have to simultaneously be a human and a cylon to do it. Not even cylon leaders get to do that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.