Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian F
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alright guys i'm hooked. I bought the core set and fell in love and then within 2 weeks I now own everything they've come out with but I had a couple of questions

1) when a card says this unit gainms 2 additional health while defending - I'm sort of confused what happens after the defense. SO if the unit only had 1 wound and gained 2 more while defending and took 2 damage from the attack- after the battle does he go back down to his orginal 1 health in which case he would be dead since he had 2 damage on him??

2) I've read the variants on the board here for the multiplayer rules some people have used but certain cards say something to the effect of "this effects all opponents," or "chose an opponent." Was this game originally supposed to be multiplayer and they scrapped it, or do we know if someday they will be incorporating official multiplayer rules into the game? It would appear from some of the cards that there are mulitplayer rules pending (wishful thinking)

thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wyrm187 wrote:
1) when a card says this unit gainms 2 additional health while defending - I'm sort of confused what happens after the defense. SO if the unit only had 1 wound and gained 2 more while defending and took 2 damage from the attack- after the battle does he go back down to his orginal 1 health in which case he would be dead since he had 2 damage on him??

http://deckbox.org/whi/Herald%20of%20Change ?

If he ends the battle with 3 damage tokens on him, he dies when the combat is over. +2HP just makes it slightly harder to get damage through to the zone he is defending.

Sorry can't help with the MP question, never bothered to look into those rules, most of my gaming is 2-player max.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Batt
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Rebel
mbmbmbmbmb
wyrm187 wrote:
alright guys i'm hooked. I bought the core set and fell in love and then within 2 weeks I now own everything they've come out with but I had a couple of questions

Yes, essentially it allows him to suck up 2 more damage that would normally go to your capital.

wyrm187 wrote:
2) I've read the variants on the board here for the multiplayer rules some people have used but certain cards say something to the effect of "this effects all opponents," or "chose an opponent." Was this game originally supposed to be multiplayer and they scrapped it, or do we know if someday they will be incorporating official multiplayer rules into the game? It would appear from some of the cards that there are mulitplayer rules pending (wishful thinking)

Everyone hopes that one day they will release official multiplayer rules, but so far nothing. There was speculation that they would have been included in March of the Damned, but no luck. This game desperately needs official clarification on multiplayer one way or the other, either they make solid official rules or simply say its not meant to be multiplayer (I personally think it should be the later), because as it stands now, it really sucks with multiple players, imho.

Welcome to the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian F
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the responses guys - I hope they do eventually release multiplayer rules as well, fingers crossed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian F
United States
chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
question about necromancy . .. ..I dont see the benefit unless it is combined with something like the slave pen. You have to pay the full unit cost to bring it back into play until the end of the turn and then put it on the bottom of your deck. Am I missing something here - how is that worth the cost of bringing it back .. .. besides using it with a sacrafice combo?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
José San Miguel
Spain
Valencia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wyrm187 wrote:
question about necromancy . .. ..I dont see the benefit unless it is combined with something like the slave pen. You have to pay the full unit cost to bring it back into play until the end of the turn and then put it on the bottom of your deck. Am I missing something here - how is that worth the cost of bringing it back .. .. besides using it with a sacrafice combo?

You're right, as far as I can tell. A good example is the Countess Iseara and Lobber Crew combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fledgling Chaos Spawn costs 0.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rex Gator
United States
Apopka
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bray Shaman

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.