Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ajax wrote:
We played the other night and the market was empty in the early part of the game. A player then bought silver, but there were no briefcases to place on the silver purchase table.

Where should that briefcase have come from, or do we just not place a briefcase on the silver purchase table this time?

I've never seen it mentioned that the market would empty, so were we playing it wrong?

Sounds like something went wrong in setup!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's hard to see how the market can be empty, especially early in the game. The market starts with 40 briefcases. For your first 5 purchases you buy 5 out of the market and place 5 more from the market onto the purchase track. Then, as part of the Price Adjustment, you draw 5 out of the bag and put 5 into the market, so that there are now 35 in the market.

If you never had to sell briefcases, you would eventually empty the market, but it would be slow. Usually, even after everyone takes their maximum subsidies, you need to sell, and this, together with the fact that you put 5 more from the sales track into the market plus the ones you draw out of the bag.

I conclude that either by some quirk you never needed to sell to raise cash, or you didn't perform all of the steps you need to perform.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Bussick
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
You want to know something? I don't think Mozart's going to help at all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, crap...I didn't read my own player aid right! blush I missed the "draw 20 random briefcases from the bag and add them to the market" part.

Thanks, guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.