Subject: Why is it so hard to get a copy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Only one copy I see here in the BGG marketplace, and then a google search revealed no more than that.
This game looks good, and I'm interested in a 'Nam wargame as I've never played one yet. Is anyone interested in selling me a copy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Crispin
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
www.boardgameprices.com

I found three popular sites with it in stock.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Wilson
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
Oh that's a handy site! Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Meinster
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
red black wrote:
Any word on a reprint/restock?

There will be NO reprint per the designer and publisher, which is too bad.

Best wishes in finding a copy, because it took me three weeks to track one down. Every retailer that I had access to was sold out and finally found a copy through BGG marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Kaufmann
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There will be NO reprint per the designer and publisher, which is too bad.

Source? Not according to the CSW-forum. According the the latest statements of the designer and publisher, a reprint is possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CSW forums aren't helpful, but the email I received directly from Worthington games saying that a reprint wasn't going to happen was good enough motivation for me to buy several copies.

I emailed them on August 16, they replied a couple of days later.

So, unless there is a definite Yes from the publisher, it isn't happening. Since they told me a definite No, that was enough for me.

There is nothing substantive on Consimworld forums indicating anything about a reprint. Can you provide your source for this information?

Through the magic of Outlook recover, here is the reply from WG

"We are out of stock and no plans to reprint in the immediate future.

Grant"

Since I wanted to play it now, nebulous time frame of immediate future wasn't satisfying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the less than substantive information from the last CSW posting on this matter:

John Poniske - Aug 15, 2011 6:23 am (#954 Total: 958)

Hearts and Minds, Leaping Lemmings and King Philip's War now released. Designs on preorder: Lincoln's War, Maori Wars and Fire on the Mountain ... curious?

I had a brief talk with Grant and Mike at the con. The print run was a 1000 and they sold out in Lancaster. I sold my last sealed copy there too. Grant said he did have a few dinged copies in the warehouse. As for reprint possibilities. Neither saw an immediate need. Althought Grant said that it probably would see a reprint in the future with a much larger map. That's all I know

That is not information I would base my decisions around. Of course, YMMV.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.